Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 09:10 AM

Probiotics in doubt?

sorry ladies another mythical health God killed?

probiotics in doubt?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 09:24 AM

Re: Probiotics in doubt?

Stick to eating healthy good food and these chemical things are not needed.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 09:34 AM

Dubious indeed ... you wouldn't catch me swallowing one of those.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 10:20 AM

When we went to India, we were advised by someone to take Probiotics a few weeks before going. We took the tablets and had the drinks. Out of our group of ten people, we were the only two not to get the trots.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
When we went to India, we were advised by someone to take Probiotics a few weeks before going. We took the tablets and had the drinks. Out of our group of ten people, we were the only two not to get the trots.
was that because you never ate indian food?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
was that because you never ate indian food?
Correct. We took a load of sandwiches.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

I take one a day and have done for ages.
I also give my eldest dog one a day too (different ones ) as she had a problem which it seems to have helped.

A friend of mine was a Nutritionist working for the NHS, and she recommended them and also said it is the only medication she needs to take.

Now before you-know-who comes on with pages of lectures - each to their own ey.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-09-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I take one a day and have done for ages.
I also give my eldest dog one a day too (different ones ) as she had a problem which it seems to have helped.

A friend of mine was a Nutritionist working for the NHS, and she recommended them and also said it is the only medication she needs to take.

Now before you-know-who comes on with pages of lectures - each to their own ey.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 11:21 AM

I don't bother with these and have never taken anything when on antibiotics. I did buy a pack of probiotic tablets once but they were a bit "smelly" in a poo way and I couldn't bear to put a poo smelling tablet in my mouth. They say home made kefir is the really good thing to eat regularly, but when I ordered some "seeds" from the net the result wasn't very successful.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 01:58 PM

Greek yoghurt.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top