Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 02:43 PM

are you happy with your photography?

For me the answer is no, I can always see afterwards what I should have spotted before or when taking a photo.

subjects out of bounds for me are portraits and people , Don't think I have the necessary skills or equipment to dive into that type of photography.

Maybe others on here have the same restrictions they put on themselves, it would be interesting to know.

One thing that makes me smile is when people same "wow that is an expensive camera you have or something like"

I have a stock answer, it is not the camera that get the photo it is the person behind it that does. I have seen photos I would have been proud of taken on a cheapy camera

So should you be really happy with the photos you take or do you think you could have done better ????
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 02:54 PM

Re: are you happy with your photography?

Crap at photography, always have been. I might be brave, one day to post some disasters.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Crap at photography, always have been. I might be brave, one day to post some disasters.
always ready to try and help if I can. Just need to know the camera make/model and the problems. By posting them enables help in improving them by saying where/what went wrong.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 03:04 PM

Rubbish and that is the truth.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 04:03 PM

Seldom get horizons straight and can't work out how to get my camera to take darker photos, they seem to come out light, which is why I don't put many in the competition now.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
For me the answer is no, I can always see afterwards what I should have spotted before or when taking a photo.

subjects out of bounds for me are portraits and people , Don't think I have the necessary skills or equipment to dive into that type of photography.

Maybe others on here have the same restrictions they put on themselves, it would be interesting to know.

One thing that makes me smile is when people same "wow that is an expensive camera you have or something like"

I have a stock answer, it is not the camera that get the photo it is the person behind it that does. I have seen photos I would have been proud of taken that were taken on a cheapy camera

So should you be really happy with the photos you take or do you think you could have done better ????
Interesting post, RS.
I don't often take pictures of people either but now and again some people ask me to take one. This is our street sweeper:

And the grand children get featured from time to time.
But mostly it is things, nature, graffiti.......stuff.

I also take your point about the price of the equipment. This spider was taken with a £100 simple Fujipix.

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Seldom get horizons straight and can't work out how to get my camera to take darker photos, they seem to come out light, which is why I don't put many in the competition now.
I haven't been here long, and not entered the monthly competition yet. I was rather put off by the theme "Down by the sea", looked at the entries and counted eleven wonky horizons! Looked at the rules: "unedited other than cropping". I think people should be encouraged to take some care over the end result, good presentation is important.

TessA, I never work on shooting dead straight horizons because I know it can be easily fixed in post processing.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 04:30 PM

I love taking pics but I dont have a camera specially for it ..I used to have a small Fujipix digital camera which was good...I dont believe you need to spend pots of money to produce good shots...ofc if youre a professional photographer and into the latest gear thats personal choice.
I have a tablet I use for pics which isnt that good as far as colour goes.
I do use my mobile fone for taking all of my pics,I think theyre perfectly reasonable and crystal clear also with good colour to them.
My knowledge of photography is zero but I do enjoy taking pics for fun and seeing what they come out like..having fun with it is the main thing for me though.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 04:31 PM

Two great images there Besoeker

The subject stands out from the background nicely in both. easily achieved with a small subject like a spider, but not so easy with a portrait.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 04:33 PM

No I don't either dOOd but have to edit loads!
I usually have to tweak the exposure too, cheap bridge camera but has given me lots of pleasure!
I think editing is fun, sometimes you spot bits of a shot you didn't know were there!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top