Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 05:31 PM

Re: How many operations have you had?

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Ehhhhhhhhhhh?
Bit slow for you, Tara....
Eight legs. Six operations. Still got two good legs.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 05:42 PM

Ive had eight so far, and escaped having the heart bypass because i did not want to spend christmas in hospital, so took meds instead.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 05:59 PM

I've had 6 operations in my life, 2 this year.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
You were crying, in tears if I remember rightly
Probably. Even at five, I realised nurses were lovely.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 06:23 PM

3 so far and hopefully no more!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 06:24 PM

Major Surgery, twice.

Two lots of Kidney Stones, one after the other, the first one I had a big Stent right up inside me and had to leave it in for 4 weeks, then they took it out and did the other operation.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 06:57 PM

Mine were an operation as a child to correct an eye squint, cosmetic, really.

The others were an op to put pins in a shattered elbow; quite major maxillofacial surgery when they gave me a titanium plate after breaking my jaw.

The others were cancer related: a biopsy 2 years ago just above my shoulder at the front. And this year 2 operations at the back of my neck, the first being a biopsy; the second just some cleaning up and to see that they hadn't botched the first one.

During the elbow operation I woke up halfway through screaming in pain. I still remember it vividly although it was in 2002. The anaesthetist soon gave me more drugs so I went back to sleep. I think the explanation was that I was quite tolerant of the drugs used as I was drinking very heavily during that time of my life.

In a way, I quite enjoyed the final moments before surgery this year, being asked to count up to ten as the drugs kicked in; I think I made it to six.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 07:38 PM

I've had 2 operations that involved a general anaesthetic.

First one was when I was sterilised at 27 and then about 5 or 6 years later I had another operation (I was part of a trial) which involved another "lady issue". That second one prevented me from needing a hysterectomy.

I have had lots of "procedures" at least one of which should have been done under a G.A. in my opinion.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 08:05 PM

Ive lost count
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 08:16 PM

Lost count Had 6 on the same site[ scars reopened] Plus4 for cancer on my arm & others I cant remember.Due to have melanoma removed later this year,[ second time ].Cant have general because of my breathing so hopefully can be done under local.To be decided later

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top