Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 09:10 PM

Old Friends

Do you have any long time friends.? MY school & early teen age friends hav eall noved away & lost cotact.but I do have a couple of long time friends,One over 40 years
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 09:14 PM

Re: Old Friends

I have a group of long time friends, we went all through school together since we were 5 and we are now 58, there are four of us, we are The Golden Girls and we are going away together again in October.

I also have a life long friend that grew up on the same estate as me.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 09:18 PM

Hi deylon...I have one friend that I met when I was 5 years old, in kindergarten...so that's 72 years ago. And another 5 friends...whom I've known since age 13...

These are my oldest friends and we all still keep in touch and in the case of the oldest one, we still visit.

Life's good!
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 03:44 AM

Yes, I have about 15 long time friends, since grade school. We still stay in contact, go to lunch, take day trips together. I also have several men friends that I dated in my teens who still text me, and interact frequently, and yes, they are married. I like their wives, and wouldn't cross the line. Makes me feel good to think I didn't do harm when breaking up all those years ago. One or two are still enamored with me, and let me know it. How nice!!

These are examples of true friendships kept over the years. I am lucky in many ways to have known these people.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 06:06 AM

None from my school days or teens. I emigrated and lost touch with my old school friends. I have made some efforts to find them again but without success.

I have been in touch with people I worked with in London in the late 60s and early 70s and we meet on social media.

Locally I seem to have outlived all but one of my long time friends (and even some younger workmates) even though I am not that old. While I have made new friends even they thin out a little bit each year.

Just part of growing older I guess.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 07:44 AM

I have three old School friends. One I see and talk to quite often from Secondary School, another one I talk to all the time is way back from my Primary School and the third one I don't see her any more but we do send emails to each other.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 08:09 AM

Yes i have pals from way back ...i was put off looking for old school pals though after being let down very badly by one i contacted....i wont do that again in a hurry.

People come and go in your lives don't they but just a handful stay with you throughout your life...I can count those people on one hand now...two of my closest friends died which is of course inevitable as we get older....still upsetting though.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 08:28 AM

I have a friend I’ve known since 1965.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 11:31 AM

My only close friend I made at my secondary school in the early 60s. We have kept in touch all these years, usually by phone and e-mails as she lives in my home island, which I haven't visited since 2013. It is unlikely we will see each other in person again, I have no intention of going back there, and she is sadly not in good health.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top