Join for free
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 09:47 PM

Fun with Google maps

I just used Google to get directions from my city (London, Ontario, Canada) to Japan.

Driving directions take me west... then when the road ends it reads "Kayak across the Pacific Ocean" to Hawaii! A bit more driving then another kayak trip to Japan. Some programmer has a sense of humour.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2012, 08:17 AM

Re: Fun with Google maps

There's an alternative Annie darlin' - across Alaska, cross the Bering strait and down through Kamchatka and Siberia into China and then catch the 'ferry'.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2012, 03:38 PM

And the best of luck to you,rather you than me.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2012, 04:05 PM

Google maps can give you the directions to both Nowhere and Hell, both of which are in the States.

The directions from Japan to China include Jet Skiing across the Pacific Ocean.

To get to America from Japan, you have to kayak from Japan to Hawaii, then kayak again from Hawaii to Washington.

Also google maps apparently cannot calculate the directions between America and Britain.

From Taiwan to Japan, you have to swim across to China, then jet ski to Japan.

And they cannot calculate directions from the United states to Israel.

And you can get directions to Steve Irwin. He's in Pennsylvania apparently.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2012, 04:45 PM

If you go onto Google maps and type in The Shire as your starting place and Mordor as the destination then click the walking man to get walking directions you get the message 'Use caution, one does not simply walk in to Mordor' lol
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2012, 04:51 PM

Now that is funny Cassie LOL.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
And the best of luck to you,rather you than me.
Didn't quite make it to Kamchatka, but have already been to Siberia - beautiful (unspoilt) land, and despite the climate, the people are very warm and friendly.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
If you go onto Google maps and type in The Shire as your starting place and Mordor as the destination then click the walking man to get walking directions you get the message 'Use caution, one does not simply walk in to Mordor' lol
That's the best of the lot!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

01-05-2012, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Chippy ->
And you can get directions to Steve Irwin. He's in Pennsylvania apparently.
I tried George Clooney... can't find him.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top