Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 10:05 PM

Re: Banned word of the day!

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
These days it seems to be a case of ..... What words can we say?

Soon, we will be talking like robots with only permitted words programmed into us!
We already are. Now lets zip our lips like the good controlled robots we are...……..or else!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 10:33 PM

No Cocks please!
I named my painting" Cock of the North"
This was not allowed and I had to change it to Rooster.
Up North Cock is a term of endearment minus the 'old'

Also why do we now have to say Spotted Richard about a good old fashioned English Pudding

Now called "Hello Big Boy

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Like everyone else, I had no idea this word was deemed racist but thanks to the ONE person in the Country who found it offensive, we now know another racist word.

Never heard anything so daft in me life, dongle.

Dare I . . . ?

If I don't I might get Uppity with meself . .

Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 12:44 AM

I think the world has just ended.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 12:44 AM

Pity the uppity offended.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I can't wait until Monday morning on GMB. If ITV have banned the word 'uppity', I can see Piers Morgan saying it in every sentence on the programme. No way will ITV have the guts to tell him what to do.

Yes, it's getting beyond a joke now.
I believe the government ought to bring out a comprehensive dictionary listing all words that are now considered 'offensive' so that we can avoid upsetting poor little snowflakes.

Coincidentally, I have just found a tin of brown furniture wax that rejoices in the descriptive name of "Rugger Brown".
I'm sure it doesn't take an Einstein to work out the real name that they have changed in order to avoid any legal proceedings!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 08:20 AM

Nothing surprises me I was once reprimanded in a meeting for requesting black coffee.....apparently I should have asked for coffee without milk ...plain daft!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Nothing surprises me I was once reprimanded in a meeting for requesting black coffee.....apparently I should have asked for coffee without milk ...plain daft!
Black? Naughty word, that.

Some years ago, the word blackboard was regarded as unacceptable, to be replaced by 'chalkboard'. It didn't last long, though. Before too long, whiteboards became de rigueur.

Of course the latter term was not regarded as racist.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 11:25 AM

Hi

I have a word which I find offensive and avoid.

The word is Corbyn.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

25-11-2019, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have a word which I find offensive and avoid.

The word is Corbyn.
Oh you naughty person. You used the C word.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top