Join for free
Reply
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Dextrous63
Senior Member
Dextrous63 is offline
Manchester, UK
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,045
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-11-2019, 10:03 AM
11

Re: Hillsborough finally put to bed.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

British Justice, very proud of it.

Twelve ordinary people have made the decision
In the interest of accuracy, it was 10 since 2 had been dismissed.
Reply With Quote
Cinderella's Avatar
Cinderella
Senior Member
Cinderella is offline
East Anglia, UK
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,379
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-11-2019, 11:09 AM
12

Re: Hillsborough finally put to bed.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...awful-17334792
Reply With Quote
The Artful Todger's Avatar
The Artful Todger
Senior Member
The Artful Todger is online now
Suffolk UK
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,379
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-11-2019, 11:44 AM
13

Re: Hillsborough finally put to bed.

There are people to blame. The so called fans. Not the police, they were also victims of the mob.
Reply With Quote
scot37
Senior Member
scot37 is offline
Aberdeenshire
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 727
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-11-2019, 11:57 AM
14

Re: Hillsborough finally put to bed.

David Duckenfield admitted he made mistakes. It was the fans with tickets who came early to see the game who suffered most. It was those "fans" who arrived late who caused the riot outside the ground that gave the police the dilemma. In hindsight opening the gate to relieve the pressure was the wrong decision but those "fans" who rushed in must bear a lot of responsibility.
Reply With Quote
The Artful Todger's Avatar
The Artful Todger
Senior Member
The Artful Todger is online now
Suffolk UK
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,379
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-11-2019, 12:38 PM
15

Re: Hillsborough finally put to bed.

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
David Duckenfield admitted he made mistakes. It was the fans with tickets who came early to see the game who suffered most. It was those "fans" who arrived late who caused the riot outside the ground that gave the police the dilemma. In hindsight opening the gate to relieve the pressure was the wrong decision but those "fans" who rushed in must bear a lot of responsibility.
All of the responsibility.
Reply With Quote
Donkeyman
Senior Member
Donkeyman is online now
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,847
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-11-2019, 12:43 PM
16

Re: Hillsborough finally put to bed.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There are people to blame. The so called fans. Not the police, they were also victims of the mob.
I was not in uk when it happened Todgy, but from what l have
seen and heard l must agree with you! That poor bugger they have
just exonerated has had his sanity threatened by this imo persecution
for, how long was it, 30yrs?
He admitted making mistakes, and imo the families involved should
have accepted that and moved on?
The mistakes he made were after the fact, the main cause of the
tragedy had allready happened when the crowd became rowdy?
Imo probably 80% of blame lies with the crowd behaviour?
However it seems the families are still not content?
Could a course of counselling assist them to achieve acceptance?

Regards Donkeyman!
Reply With Quote
Cinderella's Avatar
Cinderella
Senior Member
Cinderella is offline
East Anglia, UK
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,379
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-11-2019, 02:14 PM
17

Re: Hillsborough finally put to bed.

The most shameful incident in history of police, families persistence got a verdict in 1991 of unlawful killing, no Liverpool fans had in no way contributed to the disaster.

Liverpool fans were villified by police who underestimated the bravery and resolve of relatives to reveal the truth.
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 34,045
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-11-2019, 02:33 PM
18

Re: Hillsborough finally put to bed.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I was not in uk when it happened Todgy, but from what l have
seen and heard l must agree with you! That poor bugger they have
just exonerated has had his sanity threatened by this imo persecution
for, how long was it, 30yrs?

He admitted making mistakes, and imo the families involved should
have accepted that and moved on?
The mistakes he made were after the fact, the main cause of the
tragedy had allready happened when the crowd became rowdy?
Imo probably 80% of blame lies with the crowd behaviour?
However it seems the families are still not content?
Could a course of counselling assist them to achieve acceptance?

Regards Donkeyman!
I agree. Imagine carrying that around with you for that amount of time. I'm surprised he has survived it to be honest.

Some things will simply never end, Hillsborough, Stephen Lawrence.

Other unfortunates die unnoticed and without enquiry or justice.

I'm sure if one of my relatives died on that day, i would feel differently and want to blame someone but as an outsider, I can only blame those that rushed in.
Reply With Quote
Dextrous63
Senior Member
Dextrous63 is offline
Manchester, UK
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,045
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-11-2019, 02:34 PM
19

Re: Hillsborough finally put to bed.

Mistakes were made, albeit with the best of intentions, which led to a catastrophic outcome. Unless there is clear evidence that the police acted with intent to cause harm, it remains unclear what or who should be prosecuted
Reply With Quote
Cinderella's Avatar
Cinderella
Senior Member
Cinderella is offline
East Anglia, UK
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,379
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-11-2019, 02:46 PM
20

Re: Hillsborough finally put to bed.

People wanted to believe the police, how can you when this is reported.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...yside-31729366
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.