Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 12:29 PM

Re: Possible upset for some

Well my reply is always the same, its "Do I know you"I have met people off the park and talked to them not having a clue who they areand in the end I have to say Do I know you.Now in M&S I get talked too all the time by women, I sometimes end up looking for sizes of clothes or if they have it in another colour! I must have the look of an old M&S worker, which I wasnt.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Chippy ->

Costs nothing to be friendly towards someone, and the rewards are good as it's usually returned. If someone has to earn your trust then the chances are from the impression you give that you too will have to earn some trust.
Totally agree with you here
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 06:44 PM

totaly Agree Chippy
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Chippy ->

Costs nothing to be friendly towards someone, and the rewards are good as it's usually returned. If someone has to earn your trust then the chances are from the impression you give that you too will have to earn some trust.
Spot on Chippy, well said....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 10:35 PM

As a frequent pub visiter I meet lots of people from all over the Country and a few tourists too. I usually smile and say hello, how are you, and I've never met one yet who didn't give me a polite reply. There are exceptions when you keep your mouth shut, for example, an awful lot of people come to my local from the nearby Cemetery and I would never attempt to greet anyone who was in mourning unless I knew them personally. It's nice to be nice, even if you have to be first, life is all about taking chances.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2012, 11:27 PM

Of course you are polite to everyone when you are in business Chippy, and smile a lot through gritted teeth.

I was only wondering why people said pleased to meet you when they dont know if they will be.

I was taught never to trust people until they proved that you could trust them and even then do it gingerly. In business people are always trying to get things for nothing and you have to be on your guard consyantly.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Of course you are polite to everyone when you are in business Chippy, and smile a lot through gritted teeth.

I was only wondering why people said pleased to meet you when they dont know if they will be.

I was taught never to trust people until they proved that you could trust them and even then do it gingerly. In business people are always trying to get things for nothing and you have to be on your guard consyantly.
Cant say I ever smiled through gritted teeth at anyone. If someone was curt or rude to me in my shop I asked them to leave. I was the local cobbler, the nearest other one was a good 15 miles away. And I say I'm pleased to meet people because I am. I like meeting new people. I think maybe you have had bad experiences with people due to you not trusting them. It's quite obvious from first impressions whether a person is friendly or not. Someone who isn't friendly and doesn't give out the right signals is liable to be snubbed.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2012, 09:09 AM

Impressions can be formed by the hand shake too. I detest a 'flabby' hand shake - it rings as most insincere in my book.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top