Join for free
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2016, 11:56 AM

Batman vs Superman

Another lousy movie due to hit the big screen this week. I'm talking about Batman vs Supernan. Only message here is a action packed movie about how good always triumphs over evil in the end.

Movie directors and actors, for that matter, use to try to make a name for themselves by bringing to the big screen movies that were dramatic artful, skillfully done and with great everlasting dialoques. Today movies are superficial money makers. No substance just alot of hype.

Movie directors put out what movie goers like. They reflect the audience's interest. Violence, no substance and in this case, a lot of action and no talk. These are the times we are currently living in.

As for Batman and Superman ? Two gay guys who have taken it upon themselves to wear a cape and their underwear over their pants...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-25-06-30-24-1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	551  
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2016, 02:17 PM

Re: Batman vs Superman

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->

As for Batman and Superman ? Two gay guys who have taken it upon themselves to wear a cape and their underwear over their pants...

Are they saying that one of them is evil?

It's like Alien vs Predator. How can one choose which side to be on? (I did side with predator in the end)
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2016, 03:30 PM

Being said it needs to take 800 million dollars just to break even, and the critics have slated it. So it will probably make a fortune.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2016, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Are they saying that one of them is evil?

It's like Alien vs Predator. How can one choose which side to be on? (I did side with predator in the end)
Predator ? You are talking about the movie with Arnold Schwartzneggar ? Different type of movoe thats for sure.

In this Batman vs Superman movie, Wonder Woman is in it too. Rumors are that Aquaman makes an appearance as well. There will be a Super Duper followup movie thats for sure
eyes_of_a_painter
n

25-03-2016, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Being said it needs to take 800 million dollars just to break even, and the critics have slated it. So it will probably make a fortune.
Like I said, this is the kind of movie people like. I am a bit boring in regards to movies. I am all for Lawrance of Arabia,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2016, 06:49 PM

And Ben Hur. Normally on at Easter in the UK.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2016, 07:27 PM

Like your good selves i prefer a movie that links action and a bit of historical fact, usually give a good start story wise. But im not above a bit of sci fi / fantasy.

When the first Superman / Batman films burst onto the big screen i enjoyed them,sadly they are being done to death,i believe some of those involved with DC comics have expressed their concerns.

As a bairn it was a rare treat to get hold of a DC comic, great stuff, and i was always fascinated by the adverts of stuff i so desired. Those X Ray Specs, being high on my want list.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Like I said, this is the kind of movie people like. I am a bit boring in regards to movies. I am all for Lawrance of Arabia,
What, you mean gay, no aliens but lots of sand. Don't get me wrong it's my my favourite film of all time.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Like your good selves i prefer a movie that links action and a bit of historical fact, usually give a good start story wise. But im not above a bit of sci fi / fantasy.

When the first Superman / Batman films burst onto the big screen i enjoyed them,sadly they are being done to death,i believe some of those involved with DC comics have expressed their concerns.

As a bairn it was a rare treat to get hold of a DC comic, great stuff, and i was always fascinated by the adverts of stuff i so desired. Those X Ray Specs, being high on my want list.
Comics were great. I preferred Marvel to DC but i'd read either. Spiderman as my favourite back in '67 or so but high on my want list was Mary Jane... However I digress.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 01:15 AM

Yep this new film doesn't interest me in the least and the trailers suggest there's a fight between Batman and Superman which is pretty ridiculous as Superman is invulnerable (except to Kryptonite) whereas Batman is just a human in body armour.

Good Sci-Fi films are hard to come by, esp ones that affect you deeply and captivate you. Amongst the greats for me are:

KPAX - A heart warming film about a man claiming he is from the planet KPAX who ends up in a mental institution where he puts his skills to good work. Stars the great Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges.

Bladerunner - The defacto Sci-Fi film of all time, brilliant in every way. Has a great twist which many people don't realise.

The Matrix - Visually stunning and one of the best Sci-Fi plots that really makes you question life and who we really are.

2001 A Space Odyssey - Kubrik's masterpiece that was years ahead of its time. Filled with secrets he deliberately put in there for discerning viewers.

Solaris - A beautifully set film with haunting music (of hang drums)

There are tons of great Sci-Fi films but many are simply visual and full of action. Many don't make you think.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top