Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 06:30 PM

Re: 'Sandy' (Hurricane )

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Vancouver is way too far west Hazel. Lake Ontario is one of the Great Lakes and could be affected I would think.
thanks a lot geography was never one of my strongest points.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 07:00 PM

Hi Hazel - this link will take you to Toronto-area news, including the Great Lakes: http://www.cp24.com/

This one shows power outages in Ontario: http://www.hydroone.com/stormcenter/

I live in the Great Lakes district, between Lake Erie and Lake Huron, in London, Ontario and Pixie is an hour or so east of me. We had windy, rainy weather overnight but nothing serious.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 07:10 PM

Thank you for that Annie darlin' - I have an Aunt, Uncle and Cousin in Brampton
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Thank you for that Annie darlin' - I have an Aunt, Uncle and Cousin in Brampton
Note the blue boundary line on the map - it's the Hydro One service area but Brampton is not in that zone so the fact that it does not show outages in/around Brampton is no guide...

Found the Toronto Hydro outages map web page, which should include Brampton, but the actual map isn't loading on my laptop. Here's the link: http://www.torontohydro.com/sites/electricsystem/poweroutages/pages/outagemap.aspx If you keep trying it you may have some success.

Recent news suggests we may be in for another wallop but I don't think so. This map: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/warnings_e.html shows areas under weather watches or warnings in red. Click the area of interest to see details. Southern Quebec, for example, is still expecting storm surges. Ontario is still all white, so I doubt we'll see more than rain.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

30-10-2012, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
thanks a lot geography was never one of my strongest points.
Hi again - the very northern tip of British Columbia is expecting a heavy snowfall... otherwise nothing out of the ordinary in that province.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

30-10-2012, 07:42 PM

Geoff - just got the Toronto Hydro outages map to load - sorry, Brampton isn't on it. The Hydro One Brampton page seems to be out of date.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Hi again - the very northern tip of British Columbia is expecting a heavy snowfall... otherwise nothing out of the ordinary in that province.
my friend works at and lives near The Great Lakes Oceanic international Marine Training College but I can't find it. Know the areas called the Snowbelt.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

30-10-2012, 08:17 PM

my friend works at and lives near The Great Lakes Oceanic international Marine Training College but I can't find it. Know the areas called the Snowbelt.
Here's the college website: http://marinetraining.ca/

It looks like the campus is in Owen Sound, which is on Georgian Bay (part of the Great Lakes), well north of where the storm effects have been felt.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

30-10-2012, 08:45 PM

thanks Annie Jack he has mentioned Gorgian Bay, he only works part time and his hours have just changed so I'm used to being out of contact with him.
Funnilly enough one of his students was coming over her to Fleetwood this summer to the Marine College here for 2 weeks.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

30-10-2012, 08:55 PM

thanks Annie Jack he has mentioned Gorgian Bay, he only works part time and his hours have just changed so I'm used to being out of contact with him.
Funnilly enough one of his students was coming over her to Fleetwood this summer to the Marine College here for 2 weeks.
It's a lovely area but I'm sure they get a lot of snow. I've been skiing near Owen Sound and rented summer cottages on Georgian Bay.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top