Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 09:12 AM

Re: Express Medical Service Underway For No Deal BrExit

Originally Posted by gascony ->
We have the hilariously pathetic situation of denial. The government has its own no deal assessment which sets out the likely issues and problems created by a no deal exit. See the Times. The government is also implementing multiple actions, plans and considerable expenditure to attempt to mitigate these problems as much as possible. Not to remove or fully address these problems, just to try to avert disaster. This will be costly and only partially effective.
But that arch Brexit fans are still claiming that no deal is without problem, any claim of problems is simply fear mongering and we should ignore anyone who says that there will be problems. So I ask, who is being dangerously stupid?

WTO rules are there for a reason. Go and understand them.

Where is my answer from before ? Did you not know what you were voting for ? Certainly seems that way
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 09:39 AM

Yup, you are really fighting the establishment with Rees-Mogg and Johnson leading your battles. Sounds like a proper anti-establishment team. You are being played.
Says the EU stooge!

I agree it's a pity that Rees Mogg and Johnson are the 'faces' of Leave but that is the fault of the Official Opposition's failure to take a position on Brexit for 2 years and failing to support May's ( shite) deal.

The reasons for leaving for the millions who are missing out on the well reported but poorly distributed economic benefits of EU membership are still relevant.

The vast majority of ordinary Brits do not materially benefit from EU membership and only feel the negatives, i.e. mass immigration in their communities, competition for jobs and services, manufacturing jobs moving to Eastern and Southern Europe, wage compression and minimal hours or Zero hours contracts due to the vast over supply of cheap labour, an elite with their noses in the trough patronising them and disregarding their views and concerns.

Brexit is a precursor to the next stage of working class protest........The complete, root and branch overhaul of our system of representation and democracy that benefits the privileged, the elite, the wealthy and leaves working class communities struggling on benefits, low wages, stunted opportunities and minimal access to the largesse swilling around at the middle and top stratas of society

It's no wonder the privileged and those in control are fighting so hard to keep their advantage.....Remain is a massive part of that .
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

18-08-2019, 11:40 AM

"Brexit is a precursor to the next stage of working class protest......."
You think? Oh dear, you really have been duped by the neo-liberal right wing haven't you?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 11:55 AM

You think? Oh dear, you really have been duped by the neo-liberal right wing haven't you?

No

I knew what I was voting for. It was you that didn't
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 02:31 PM

He's reciting some of dominique cummings early works.
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

18-08-2019, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
No

I knew what I was voting for. It was you that didn't
You also got the Brexit HQ communique that recommends pushing the anti-establishment angle? Well done for tacitly supporting it. A shame that we’re not really convinced that you think Brexit is a working class driven revolution. I mean even you can see that is a sham argument. (I’m so looking forward to you now pretending to defend this line. Should be entertaining.)
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Anyway, back to the topic of the thread which is the requirement to throw money at safeguarding essential medical supplies that is a direct consequence of leaving the customs union and the fact that lievers are blaming anyone but themselves. They need to man up and take responsibility for their actions although with someone like Boris Johnson who is a proven liar and has no concept to responsibility I doubt that will happen.
The UK will face a three-month meltdown at its ports, a hard Irish border and shortages of food and medicine if it leaves the EU without a deal, according to government documents on Operation Yellowhammer.
The documents predict severe extended delays to medicine supplies and shortages of some fresh foods combined with price rises as a likely scenario if the UK leaves without a withdrawal agreement, which is due to happen on 31 October.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...n-yellowhammer

Don't tell me the present government indulges in project fear.
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

18-08-2019, 02:56 PM

Not just in the Grauniad but also in Sky News. The pathetically correct BBC dare not share this story in case it gets accused of anti-Brexit bias. After all this a report by the government itself so it must be a project fear whitewash. I’ve stuck my fingers in my ears, my hands over my eyes and am singing happy positive songs so that no bad things can happen. Thus I’m super confident that we can cope with anything. Is that not the recommended approach?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 02:56 PM

Not as much as I look forward to your next patronising and condescending admittance that you have no way to contradict what I say.

Brexit isn't a revolution, it's a statement.

A statement that the the Gov't and political class, along with it's attack dogs in the media , academia etc, have been having it large at the expense of the working class for far too long.

The benefits of EU membership have not trickled down to the masses, in fact the masses are victims of EU membership policies of centralisation , of globalisation of extreme regulatory oppression .

There are only down sides for most folk, insignificant upsides.

The Remain side couldn't sell the 'dream' to us during the referendum and tried to fear us in to voting Remain.
Tbh, I don't think Remainers really knew what they were selling, what the true intentions and future direction of the EU was.
If you do know now , know what weknow,how on Earth can you justify still wanting to be a part of it?
Or is it a simple case of Remainers' obstinance smothered in ignorance laid on a bed of denial , as I suspect?

Btw, Yellowhammer is months out of date!!!!
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

18-08-2019, 03:10 PM

And I’m so looking forward to you (literally) eating humble pie when the UK economy tanks, prices go up and jobs are lost. But in the meantime keep dreaming that the millionaires and free market capitalist rich tories who are bank rolling Brexit are doing it in the interests of the working class. I’m not sure how you convinced yourself of this. It must have been quite tricky.
You’re going to get a jolt when reality hits home.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top