Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2012, 06:15 PM

Re: Tobacco displays illegal in England

But on a lighter note I've just spotted this snippet in your list of the fiendishly horrific results of smoking.

Couples who smoke are more likely to have fertility problems than couples who are non-smokers.
There you go then ... we'll all be extinct in a few years to come. And .. we'll be doing our bit to reduce the chronic problem of world overpopulation
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2012, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
But on a lighter note I've just spotted this snippet in your list of the fiendishly horrific results of smoking. There you go then ... we'll all be extinct in a few years to come. And .. we'll be doing our bit to reduce the chronic problem of world overpopulation
I think our age might ease the fertility issue regardless Morticia ......
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2012, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I think our age might ease the fertility issue regardless Morticia ......
Oh I dunno .. there's all this IVF thesedays! Cor .. another Morty .. what a horrific thought!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2012, 08:04 PM

I wasn't challenging you personally Morticia and I am sorry if I ruffled you. I agree there are lots of things which don't do us much good, some we can do something about and others which are more difficult to avoid. Smoking is a choice people make and it is their right to smoke if they wish, same with drinking alcohol (which I do), taking drugs, etc.
My mum was a heavy smoker for just about all her life. She was strongly addicted and she died as a result of not being able to stop. We all realised the toll that it had taken on her health. My neice came up from Enfield and wanted to see her after she had died, but the undertaker advised her against seeing her, saying it would upset her too much. Because Mum had been such a heavy smoker he said she would be shocked to see her Grandma's condition in death. It was very sad.
pumpkin
UK
pumpkin is female 

16-04-2012, 10:21 AM

Everyone has the right to make their own choice and not be dictated to by others not to do this or that because of this and that. Whatever choices we make, we have take full responsibility for and not blame others. I do smoke, but not around those that don't or young children.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by pumpkin ->
Everyone has the right to make their own choice and not be dictated to by others not to do this or that because of this and that. Whatever choices we make, we have take full responsibility for and not blame others. I do smoke, but not around those that don't or young children.
My thoughts exactly Pumpkin. People of my age were looked upon as being something of an "Odd Ball" if we didn't smoke back in the 60's, even Doctors smoked on TV. Now that we are all well and truly hooked, not only have they criminalised smoking and turned us into social lepers, now they want to play silly tricks to humiliate us further, hiding the packs, now you see 'em, now you don't. Grow up for Gods sake.
Nothing could make a teenager want something more than hiding it from from them.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2012, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by pumpkin ->
I agree with this wholeheartedly.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

16-04-2012, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I wasn't challenging you personally Morticia and I am sorry if I ruffled you.
Hey Aero, just seen this, don't you go apologizing as there's nothing to apologise for. Nothing whatsoever.

We all form our ideas and opinions based on our own experience ... which is how it should be. Free speech and all that.
I can understand now why you feel as you do.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top