Join for free
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2012, 04:33 PM

8 amazing kids who have changed our world

Further to my post about the entitlement generation, yes there are some amazing young people out there.

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/respons...orld/get-ready

For example:
In 2008, 9-year-old Katie Stagliano brought a tiny cabbage seedling home from school as part of the Bonnie Plants Third Grade Cabbage Program. As she cared for her cabbage, it grew to 40 pounds. Katie donated her cabbage to a soup kitchen where it helped to feed more than 275 people. Moved by the experience of seeing how many people could benefit from the donation of fresh produce to soup kitchens, Katie decided to start vegetable gardens and donate the harvest to help feed people in need. Today, Katie’s Krops donates thousands of pounds of fresh produce from numerous gardens to organizations that help people in need. Katie is now a 12-year-old student at the Pinewood Preparatory School in Summerville, S.C.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2012, 04:39 PM

Re: 8 amazing kids who have changed our world

Good on her ,an inspiration to all .
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2012, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Surfer ->
Good on her ,an inspiration to all .
I'm going to guess that her parents have instilled good values too.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2012, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I'm going to guess that her parents have instilled good values too.
I think you may be right. Well done to her, she's an example to others of her generation.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2012, 06:17 PM

Well done young Katie, she deserves to get on well in life with her selfless attitude.....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top