Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 08:05 PM

Re: Plain package.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Mollie, I have to disagree with your statement about cigarettes "Once hooked on this drug, there's no turning back" - both my husband and I used to smoke 20 a day for 25 years or so ...... we both gave it up together through sheer willpower. I know lots of people who have also given it up and never looked back. If the person who smokes really wants to give up the habit, they can. But if they want to give up half-heartedly, they will never succeed..... even with all the help the overstretched NHS offer them these days.

You either want to give up or you don't, that is the answer
I think you have hit the nail on the head. Wanting to give up is 99% of the battle.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 08:29 PM

I smoked from the age of 18, and gave up nearly 7 years ago, got sick of the smell..took me about 5 weeks to give up altogether...My Hubby still smokes, but since we had our house decorated, smokes outside..It makes such a difference...
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2012, 10:32 PM

It must be even more difficult to give up when you are living with a smoker, so well done.
mesco m
manchester

03-05-2012, 11:39 PM

However, for those of us that do smoke, what you may not realise is that, once we start, it is so hard to stop. FACT: Nicotine is more habit-forming than any other substance on earth, beating heroin and cocaine into a cocked hat. FACT.

It is a FACT that no smoker has ever been known to commit a crime to feed their drug habit. It is a FACT that no smoker has had to turn to prostitution to feed their drug habit. It is a FACT that no smoker is in prison because of their drug addiction. It is a FACT that no smoker has had their children taken into care because of their drug addiction.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

04-05-2012, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
However, for those of us that do smoke, what you may not realise is that, once we start, it is so hard to stop. FACT: Nicotine is more habit-forming than any other substance on earth, beating heroin and cocaine into a cocked hat. FACT.

It is a FACT that no smoker has ever been known to commit a crime to feed their drug habit. It is a FACT that no smoker has had to turn to prostitution to feed their drug habit. It is a FACT that no smoker is in prison because of their drug addiction. It is a FACT that no smoker has had their children taken into care because of their drug addiction.
People do manage to kick the habit, FACT.

How do you know no one has not turned to prostitution to afford their disgusting addiction?

People might well be in prison having stolen cigarettes because of their addiction!

If people smoke in front of their children, knowing the risks of passive smoking, they should be taken into care as the parents are being abusive.
mesco m
manchester

04-05-2012, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
People do manage to kick the habit, FACT.

How do you know no one has not turned to prostitution to afford their disgusting addiction?
People might well be in prison having stolen cigarettes because of their addiction!

If people smoke in front of their children, knowing the risks of passive smoking, they should be taken into care as the parents are being abusive.
I have found no record of anyone being prosecuted for crimes relating to nicotine addiction.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

04-05-2012, 05:10 PM

I have found no record of anyone being prosecuted for crimes relating to nicotine addiction.
I still maintain parents who smoke in front of their children should be done for abuse, no decent parent does that however 'addicted' they are.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 05:44 PM

Addiction can drive people to extreme behaviour. I personally know someone who was prosecuted for theft of a considerable quantity of cigarettes at the age of 21. Jail time was the result.

The Smoke-Free Ontario Act, 2008 (Ontario, Canada) makes it illegal to smoke in cars when there are passengers younger than 16 years old. This applies to the driver or any other passenger who is smoking when someone younger than 16 years old is in the car. Offenders can be fined up to $250.00.

I smoked in college as did most students. We even lit up in the photography darkroom, pottery studio and classrooms. I was motivated to quit in 1980 because I was having trouble trying to conceive. I cut out alcohol, caffeine and smokes, ate healthy and eventually (with the help of reproductive technology and wonderful doctors) became a mother.

My partner smokes (outdoors, never in the car) and I honestly don't think he could quit. He's way too stressed.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
People who step between me and a plate of food, do so at their peril as they'll get trampled in the rush!!!
Same Here, I mind what I eat, but get very annoyed and touchy if some fool says "that's not good for you, you'll get fat if you eat it" I say to them....."Butt Out and mind your own business"
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2012, 06:42 AM

Thousands are in the cemeteries from smoking FACT!!!!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top