Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2012, 08:26 PM

Re: Youngsters un-employable.

Parent are not always to blame for what there children do. A lot is to do with peer pressure, and being like there friends.
I have always insisted on manners and to be courteous to elders. This he has always done, after being in high school for some years. This he seems to have lost, and needs to be reminded.
I have always told him to work hard. If he wants to get a good job, and succeed in life .
Like most teenagers today, he thought that you can leave school and get a job easy, and it will pay good money.
He told me he would get a holiday job, but he only want one near home. He only wants part time to get some money for his holiday, before he goes to collage. This was a while back. My husband and I could not stop laughing at his expectations. No matter what you tell them, they think you are talking rubbish.
Well he has now left school, today after me telling him if he wants money all the time, It's time to get a job. He started looking on the net for a job. I think he has come a little bit down to earth with a bump.
Teenager watch to much TV with celebs earning big money for being famous, for doing nothing. Heads are all on cloud cuckoo land.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top