Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 07:25 AM

Lower Limits

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-18226813

Why not lower the limit to Zero everywhere, anyone caught driving with Alcohol on their breath should, IMO, be banned from driving for life.

Alcohol not only reduces your awareness but also reduces your re-action times and should not be tolerated.

Ask people whose lives have been ruined through drink drivers what they think.

Your views!!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 07:37 AM

Re: Lower Limits

As someone who likes a drink ( in moderation) I would need convincing that a pint of beer with my pub lunch makes me a dangerous driver. Any more than that maybe, but I know that some people are dangerous drivers without ANY alcohol in their system.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 08:26 AM

Having been in a Car with someone who'd been drinking ....it was amazing how much their driving was altered from their usual.
This Person wasn't drunk by any means but it opened my eyes as to the dangers. I'd not drive if I'd had a Lager, my Licence if far too important to me.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 09:57 AM

I don't see the need to drink at all when you are driving, in my opinion it should there should be a complete ban on it.
Some people are far more susceptible than others to the effects of alcohol.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I don't see the need to drink at all when you are driving, in my opinion it should there should be a complete ban on it.
Some people are far more susceptible than others to the effects of alcohol.
I agree, I think if you are driving you shouldn't be drinking at all .
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 10:34 AM

I'm not sure about banning for life immediately, but I would be happy to see the law changed to say no alcohol at all allowed when driving and to include penalties and ultimately a banning for persistent offenders. (Points, fines and three strikes and you are out sort of arrangement). I think it should be a criminal offence to drink and drive (no matter how little alcohol they have had).
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 02:27 PM

I don't drive but I would still vote in favour of no alcohol when driving.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 04:07 PM

So would I Mags, no alcohol whatsoever if driving. That also goes for drugs.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 04:45 PM

I'm no driver either but I am totally against driving with alcohol consumed, I've seen too many bad accidents caused by drinking and driving, make your choice but you can't have both.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 04:59 PM

I dont drive either but I do agree about the drink and also the drugs,once drove my daughters Mini when she was over the limit,it was a no gear jobbie, automatic,really liked it. Joe went spare.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top