Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 09:19 AM

what should I do ??

I got 2 calls today 1 from a job agency ..but unfortunately i didn't qualify for the job on offer and another one from the BBC....A couple of months ago I replied to a story they ran about the Jobless figures falling ....The have replied to my E mail and may well do a article and interview about the plight of us older UN-employed ...i don't know if i will do it cos i am a ugly bugger...but if things carry on like this i may well get a job by then ...I have applied for 2 more today....should i do it or not ????I may get a job out of it ....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 09:21 AM

Re: what should I do ??

Steve matey, what I said before is still valid - GO FOR IT!!!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Steve matey, what I said before is still valid - GO FOR IT!!!
GO FOR IT!!! Why do you hesitate it's a chance you won't get again.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 09:40 AM

At the moment i am really weighing up the pro's and cons of appearing on TV..True I may get a job interview out of it , but however on a more sinister note there are a lot of wacko's out there...I have already been critised about being out of work for so long ....I know what it is like to try look for something suitable and it is true that until recently I have been a little bit choosy on what I apply for, however a lot of people will paint everyone with the same brush "SCROUNGER" WHICH I AM NOT...however these people do not understand the situation as they are probably earning £18 a hour (which isn't a lot)..These people will relish the chance of being given the chance to persecute, and believe me, people round here have already almost driven me to despair,with their bigotry and jealousy just because i moved from a well known council estate to a private house ....I at the moment am probably going to pass it over as my wife feels the same way ....
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 09:51 AM

Sorry Steve but what an opportunity, thought it must be more than your ugliness bothering you.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 10:49 AM

I would take the opportunity. From what I have been reading in the papers you may not have a choice about where you work soon.
I know that news papers are not always reliable but plans seem to be to make the long term unemployed work 30 hours for the basic £67 a week. It could all be scare mongering of course.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 10:52 AM

I would go for it IF your eyes are open. Journalists often have hidden agendas and you want to be sure you are not misrepresented. So if they agree to allow you to review whatever they write/record prior to its being made public, then yes, do it.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 01:50 PM

more power to you
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 03:56 PM

Steve go for it!!!
You probably will never get the chance again to speak your mind, for sure someone somewhere will nit pick when it comes to it, no matter what you say.
You may well get a job from it and who knows you may help others in the same boat.
I am sure most on here would go for it.
Why not start a thread about being unemployed, and see if you can pick up some great ideas.
Don't forget the government want oldies to work till they are 68, if we can't get a job how the heck can we work till that age.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2012, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
At the moment i am really weighing up the pro's and cons of appearing on TV..True I may get a job interview out of it , but however on a more sinister note there are a lot of wacko's out there...I have already been critised about being out of work for so long ....I know what it is like to try look for something suitable and it is true that until recently I have been a little bit choosy on what I apply for, however a lot of people will paint everyone with the same brush "SCROUNGER" WHICH I AM NOT...however these people do not understand the situation as they are probably earning £18 a hour (which isn't a lot)..These people will relish the chance of being given the chance to persecute, and believe me, people round here have already almost driven me to despair,with their bigotry and jealousy just because i moved from a well known council estate to a private house ....I at the moment am probably going to pass it over as my wife feels the same way ....
Steve matey, I accept your rationale. Your decision and whatever you choose I'm behind you 100%.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top