Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 06:03 PM

Rspca

I have just read that an old cat was taken and put down. Having seen the pictures yes he was not well cared for....but looks better than an old girl I once found. She really was a mess,the vet would not treat her for a week in case she ran away and had warned that it would not be cheap. We got her heart sorted out so she could take being sedated while all the matted fur was shaved,we had other things sorted. A very old cat lived another 18 months with dignity and a loving home.

I`m not blaming a service I respect and cat homes are crowded.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 06:33 PM

Re: Rspca

Just to clarify the RSPCA doesn't put animals down except at a road accident, and even then if they can get a vet they will.
A vet always makes the decision as for an animals chances for the future.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Just to clarify the RSPCA doesn't put animals down except at a road accident, and even then if they can get a vet they will.
Fair comment. I was just reflecting on news
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 07:25 PM

Yes but a vet will be guided by what the RSPCA want done with the animal . Things like cost of treatment and liklihood of getting a home etc will always come into it .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 07:33 PM

I dont support the RSPCA in the UK mainly because they are sticky about fox hunting .
I have just heard that the League of Cruel sports has been misappropriating donations ( giving themselves large pay rises when they had a large bequest)
I support animal charities overseas where i have lived because I know the money is always spent on the animals.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 07:58 PM

Muddy, you must remember the RSPCA is an animal protection against cruelty to animals.
Nothing more they are not an animal warden service that is the councils job,
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2016, 11:34 PM

I have found the RSPCA to be too political.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 06:15 AM

The RSPCA are an enormous con. They rake in something like £125,000,000 each year and have degenerated into little more than a UK version of the despicable PETA. I understand that they are under investigation by the Charities Commission - about time!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 07:28 AM

Why do you think PETA despicable?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 07:46 AM

Unless they have changed that isn't true, you have 7 days to get an animal back from the rspca before its pts unless it's a criminal case in which they need evidence.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top