Join for free
Page 23 of 24 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 09:45 PM

Re: Uncle Joe's new threads

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Just exactly did Mr Blair do to upset you?
Apart from being a war criminal?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Apart from being a war criminal?
Similar to Churchill then.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I'm slowly losing the will to live.......,,,,
Where did you say you lived Muddy?
I love a good funeral!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 01:12 AM

Some of the views in this thread are unbelievable. Far too many apologists refusing to be objective.

There is no witch hunt going on. It makes absolutely no difference who it is that causes problems in the collective forum. Whoever does such things, the rest of the community will rightly highlight the issue and come to Admin to take action.

Ignoring the problem, making excuses for it is a recipe for disaster because others will arise with similar poor behaviours and before you know it the forum is just chaos.

I recently watched a series on TV called 10,000 BC where a group of people try to survive in the conditions of cave-man type era. In the first series of this the people built a camp, foraged for food and made baskets and other needed things. They worked together as a community. Then there was a problem. One ignorant, selfish and uncaring person decided it was ok to defecate in camp instead of walking out of camp to the designated dunny. This affected all in the camp for various reasons, it was disgusting, a health risk and would attract vermin. The wider community decided the matter needed to be tackled, they exchanged views together and asked the perpetrator to stop and clean up his mess. He refused to do so. The rest of the camp, realising that the whole idea of maintaining a community was pointless if one person acts in such a way, threatened to walk off the programme. Such is the impact one selfish person can have on a community. I can't remember what happened afterward but that episode reminded me of the issue we have.

One person is acting selfishly by spamming a forum section. A forum section that is specially set aside for discussion. The threads started are rarely, if ever, discussions, they are simply one-liner posts with news links to other websites. They therefore have no place in that section.

As others have pointed out, if Admin have already had to politely ask said member to refrain from this anti-community behaviour, and he has refused to comply, then the next stage of action should be taken.

The best suggestion to date is just to create ONE single thread and merge all the silly threads into it. That way the forum section can not be spammed, dominated and abused.

Any post that is NOT an actual discussion but is just a hot link to a newspaper website should be removed from the Discussions section and placed somewhere else imo.

I iterate again there is not imo any witch-hunt or bullying against this specific poster. The same actions need to be taken against any poster who acts in a manner detrimental to the wider community.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Similar to Churchill then.

You asked about Bliar, whether you believe Churchill was a war criminal is totally irrelevant.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
The Honourable Member for 1850, as I've heard him described
That's what we need long lasting Politicians.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Where did you say you lived Muddy?
I love a good funeral!
Best and worst day of my life when I buried my wife.

She was out of pain after 30 years but I had lost her.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

21-02-2016, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Well I PM'd Uncle Joe about this a little while back - seems he has chosen to ignore my advice.

I would agree that the threads look 'spammy', and do not fit the rule that thread titles should be descriptive - especially in our more serious sections.

So who wants some 'mod duties'? Specially, to re-title any of UJs threads that contain 'nasty party', to the same title of the article in the link inside his post.
I would and will and would jump at this chance

But to be fair and balanced if you grant me this right I think that Nasty UJ should be offered the same as well.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 09:39 AM

One would think with a topic devoted someone's BORING rants they would get the MESSAGE.but clearly some SKULL's are THICKER than other's.Maybe change their name to "GET A LIFE".
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by DragonsRealm ->
One would think with a topic devoted someone's BORING rants they would get the MESSAGE.but clearly some SKULL's are THICKER than other's.Maybe change their name to "GET A LIFE".
At least Uncle Joe doesn't stoop to calling other members names and telling them to get a life. Perhaps you should take your own advice.

I am not surprised that Uncle Joe has not come onto this disgraceful thread to defend himself. He has more class than to do so.

Page 23 of 24 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top