Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 08:00 PM

Not Another Re-make?!

Mary Poppins now!
There are millions of books out there, hundreds of millions of stories and they make films of films!
I know they probably think they have a sure thing by re-making old favourites but surely there are just as good unseen films to be made!

What say you?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 08:09 PM

Re: Not Another Re-make?!

Obviously Hollywood and others have run out of ideas so are churning out inferior (usually) `re-imaginings` (another name for a blatant copy). A great many of the recent horror stories are plagiarised versions of Japanese horror movies for example.

If the original film is good, why bother making it again?
2GrayHairs
New Member!
Florida, USA
2GrayHairs is female 

06-12-2018, 08:32 PM

I'm tired of remakes. They never seem to be as good as the first one. And often have some politically correct agenda behind them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 08:34 PM

I can imagine a politically correct health and safety concious Mary Poppins .
Sounds a barrel of laughs .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 08:51 PM

I never bothered to watch the first Mary Poppins Twiz, even when they were screaming out it’s merits, but it was indeed a very popular and profitable film, and profit is what it’s all about, perhaps they think they can clean up on a new version again.
My son and me (he’s another horror fan like me) were talking about the terrible horror films they are now producing, not a bit original.
I always wondered why they never remade this old horror film, it has a great story and I’m sure it would be a winner today, it can be watched on tube.

“The Man Who Changed His Mind" is a 1936 British science fiction horror film starring Boris Karloff and Anna Lee. It was directed by Robert Stevenson and was produced by Gainsborough Pictures. The film was also known as The Brainsnatcher or The Man Who Lived Again” Wiki.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 08:57 PM

It's not a remake, it's a sequel. There were several Mary Poppins books, not just the one. Panic over.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 08:59 PM

Don't you lot know anything??!!

It's not a remake.

It's a follow up... 20 years later, the children are grown-up, and magical mysterious Mary Poppins returns to Depression-era London to visit Jane and her brother Michael, now a father of three, and helps them rediscover the joy they knew as children.

It looks fabulous and I for one can't wait to see it!

I suggest an OFF outing for FUN to cheer everyone up and get rid of the grumps and cynics!

https://youtu.be/

https://youtu.be/
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 09:08 PM

Oh yes I want to see it too .
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Don't you lot know anything??!!

It's not a remake.
It must be easier not to bother looking something up or actually reading an article about something before jumping to a conclusion, eh!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 09:29 PM

I'd rather be tortured on the rack, than have to sit through a Mary Poppins movie, of whatever vintage

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top