Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 02:17 PM

White Chocolate & Raspberry Blondie Traybake.

Hi, I seem to have revived my eagerness to start baking again. I made a fresh cream and jam Victoria sponge cake yesterday in two 9’’ cake tins. So you can imagine how big the cake was!. Half has gone already. I haven’t even had a slice so that just leaves HWMO, who doesn’t seem to know (or care) the meaning of cutting a slice of cake that most people would normally cut for themselves.. The slice he cuts for himself each time would constitute a small cake to others!!!

Anyway, made a traybake this morning. White Chocolate and Raspberry Blondies. Dead easy to make once I bought the two main ingredients. White Chocolate and Raspberries. which I certainly don't normally have.

Here with the ingredients needed. It makes 12 squares.

150g (5oz) White Chocolate
75g (3oz) Melted White Chocolate to decorate
100g (4oz) Butter
3 Eggs
175g (6oz) Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or essence
200g (7oz) self-raising Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
175g (6oz) Raspberries (fresh or frozen)

Preheat oven to 180/350/gas 4.

Line a 7 x 11 inch roasting tin with a piece of non-stick baking paper.

Break the 150g ( 5oz) of white chocolate into a bowl, add the butter and set the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water and leave until melted.

Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a second bowl with an electric whisk for about 5 minutes until very thick and the mixture leaves a trail when the whisk is lifted up.

Gently fold the melted chocolate and butter into the egg mixture, then the flour and then the baking powder.

Pour the mixture into the lined tin and sprinkle with the raspberries.

Bake for 30-35 minutes until well risen, the top is crusty and the centre still a little soft.(See below). Leave to cool in the tin then lift the blondie out by the paper and put on a chopping board. Drizzle with the melted chocolate to decorate then leave to set. Cut into squares and peel off the paper to serve.

P.S. - The reason I say leave the centre still a little soft is because they are almost better if slightly undercooked as the high proportion of chocolate will firm up slightly as it cools. Enjoy.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	White-chocolate-and-raspberry-blondies-1220x803.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	9527  

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top