Join for free
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 11:05 PM

Football fans

BT have acquired ESPN channels to compete with SKY.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 11:06 PM

Re: Football fans

Unless it's on terrestrial, that won't do me much good but, anything that challenges Sky television is a good thing imo
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2013, 11:39 AM

I have the basic Virgin package and won't pay for anything else and when I move to Norfolk which is not cabled I will be buying either a freeview or a freesat box.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2013, 02:56 PM

I have freesat Dog Lover and it's fine - I don't miss Sky at all (but I still miss the £1,760 they overcharged us and won't give back - grrrr)
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2013, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I have freesat Dog Lover and it's fine - I don't miss Sky at all (but I still miss the £1,760 they overcharged us and won't give back - grrrr)
Thats good to know Karen. I have looked at what both freeview and freesat have to offer and either would probably suit me fine but if there is a dish already at my new house I will probably go for freesat.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

26-02-2013, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Thats good to know Karen. I have looked at what both freeview and freesat have to offer and either would probably suit me fine but if there is a dish already at my new house I will probably go for freesat.
Given how much Sky charge for films and reruns, it's cheaper to join Netflix or Daily Motion is free. So many channels have their own iplayer service and the pub is a good place for watching football and have dinner cooked for you at the same time - it doesn't make sense any more to have Sky in my opinion. Doesn't it cost about £40 per month now?
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2013, 03:22 PM

Typically when Sky got wind of the impending deal with BT then they tried to muscle in with a late bid, much wants more, greedy devils!

Talking of ESPN, I am with Virgin and have been for quite some time since they took over the old Ntl, Telewest etc packages so I suppose when the new deal starts I will probably lose ESPN but they do concentrate a lot on German, French and Spanish football plus of course Scottish so I will just have to go with the flow I suppose and hopefully Terrestial TV will start to improve regarding live football coverage.

Having said that I note that ITV1 are showing the FA Cup replay between Everton and Oldham Athletic this evening with a 7.45 kick off
The Dog Lover
Watford

26-02-2013, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bob.b ->

Having said that I note that ITV1 are showing the FA Cup replay between Everton and Oldham Athletic this evening with a 7.45 kick off

I think ITV have shown all the FA Cup matches Bob
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 09:49 PM

Yes Dog lover, you are dead right, hope the trend continues for a long time to come.
I see that Everton won 2-0 and will now face Wigan Athletic away in the next round, nice Lancashire derby game.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top