Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 11:42 AM

Football

I hear the football season is about to start again
It's the only sport I can think of that get away with cancelling our usual telly programmes to broadcast a match instead. Bet there would soon be complaints if they cancelled football to show a quiz show or soap instead, so why is it fair the other way round? And while I'm having a moan, why don't they keep all sport on the sport's channel in the first place, so the enthusiasts could happily watch it without it being thrust on everyone else as well.
Titus
London
Titus is male  Titus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 11:52 AM

Re: Football

Football started last weekend. I had a lovely trip to Torquay to watch it.
I do agree that Televised football that overruns or replaces other programmes is not so good. There are plenty of sports channels now.
It used to be FA Cup final. Some England games and the odd European game if an English team got in to the last 8.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 11:54 AM

I like football Mups but not an avid viewer anymore but I tend not to miss England games and when I was a fan of Man Utd, I would watch most of their games. I wouldn't have a problem with the games being on a terrestrial channel cos, I have to say, Coronation Street trumps Man Utd every time
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I like football Mups but not an avid viewer anymore but I tend not to miss England games and when I was a fan of Man Utd, I would watch most of their games. I wouldn't have a problem with the games being on a terrestrial channel cos, I have to say, Coronation Street trumps Man Utd every time
Perhaps I should try to be as placid as you ben-varrey. Think my dislike possible stemmed from my ex-husband who was an avid supporter and think I had it rammed down my throat too much!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 03:49 PM

I cannot believe football is starting again so soon. Sick sick sick of still hearing about Wayne Rooney. Just sell the little twerp and put us out of our misery.
I agree there should be just one channel for football so it does not interfere with other programmes especially when it goes into extra time and I then miss a programme that I want to see.
That's why I have sky sport so I can watch cricket/tennis/golf in peace. If there is a reason I cannot sleep I can usually catch up with something.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 04:10 PM

Sport especially football shouldn't be allowed to 'flood' the channels.

Sport should have it's own dedicated channel imo.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 04:27 PM

Never mind football, it was only a couple of months ago that programmes were being disrupted for tennis, that should also have it's own channel.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
Never mind football, it was only a couple of months ago that programmes were being disrupted for tennis, that should also have it's own channel.
Tennis is a sport Jimmy.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Tennis is a sport Jimmy.
So is football, and I am interested in neither of them, they should be on a separate sports channel, along with snooker.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Perhaps I should try to be as placid as you ben-varrey. Think my dislike possible stemmed from my ex-husband who was an avid supporter and think I had it rammed down my throat too much!
It took years of working with children and also teaching Mups - can't do either without being able to 'chill' as they say

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top