Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2013, 11:14 PM

Re: Football

This was a reference to "Football" BTW, before we get any more misunderstandings..
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2013, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well fancy that! Yes I can imagine your kids would have enjoyed doing that. Mum used to put little hinged doors on the front sometimes and pop things inside, or sometimes the whole egg used to be hinged in two halves, with each half decorated inside as well as out, then people or - whatever the theme was- sitting inside. She still has some she never sold left from her craft fair days, I expect she still enjoys looking at them.
Your Mum sounds a bit cleverer than I ever was at them - hinged bits! Now if someone was to share a secret with someone else about how that is done

Any chance of a few photos of them?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Your Mum sounds a bit cleverer than I ever was at them - hinged bits! Now if someone was to share a secret with someone else about how that is done

Any chance of a few photos of them?
I would if I could work out how to send photos!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 02:36 AM

I think there's a point being missed here. Contrary to popular belief, not every person in the land has Sky TV or Virgin TV so it's not a good argument to cite extra terrestrial channels and those that do may not necessarily have the Sports Channels, because they detest sports, or they can't afford to pay for them.

The point I made, which nobody picked up on, was that ITV and BBC do not have to flood their main channels with sports and disrupt popular programmes watched by millions, but they have alternative sites they could use.

Football is watched by thousands. Corrie and Emmerdale etc are watched by millions. It's not complicated to work it out.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 10:03 AM

Quite agree Mollie, what on earth is the point of ITV2, BBC3 etc, if the producers are determined to interrupt Primetime viewing on ITV or BBC, why not put the regular TV schedule on these channels, or better still put the Football on these channels.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I think there's a point being missed here. Contrary to popular belief, not every person in the land has Sky TV or Virgin TV so it's not a good argument to cite extra terrestrial channels and those that do may not necessarily have the Sports Channels, because they detest sports, or they can't afford to pay for them.

The point I made, which nobody picked up on, was that ITV and BBC do not have to flood their main channels with sports and disrupt popular programmes watched by millions, but they have alternative sites they could use.

Football is watched by thousands. Corrie and Emmerdale etc are watched by millions. It's not complicated to work it out.
I also agree - most of what is on these numerous channels is dross anyway so why interrupt their flagship programmes? It doesn't make sense.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I also agree - most of what is on these numerous channels is dross anyway so why interrupt their flagship programmes? It doesn't make sense.
Yes, and what about Saturday night for example - Harry flippin' Potter yet AGAIN or else Dad's Army - again!!! They keep repeating the repeats and yet still put our licences up .
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

11-08-2013, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, and what about Saturday night for example - Harry flippin' Potter yet AGAIN or else Dad's Army - again!!! They keep repeating the repeats and yet still put our licences up .
That's one of the reasons (a small one) that I got rid of Sky - the BBC do some brilliant programmes (Merlin, The White Queen on at the moment) but it tends to be one a year, usually, the rest is so meh.

I do think the BBC should be answerable to the public who pay them for what is shown and if they're not happy with that, then they should raise their own funds - maybe pay-per-view?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top