Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 11:20 AM

Re: Central Heating

Only had it on 2/3 times so far, but I have changed the timer settings to the winter times. I control it with the thermostat.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 12:14 PM

Haven't felt cold enough to put the heating on yet, I'm still comfortable wearing short sleeved tops around the house at the moment...
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 01:10 PM

That could be a number one this Christmas.....
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 01:20 PM

next verse....then buy a new boiler if that one's too old
a nice new boiler worth it's weight in gold
it wouldn't be right for you to be cold
this Christmas.

if you can't afford one,then buy one of these
a nice fluffy fleece, to wrap round your knees
we wouldn't be happy if you had to freeze...this Christmas...
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 02:22 PM

Ours is set by thermostat and it hasn't been cold enough to kick in yet.

Wide open windows here today.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 04:31 PM

In the eight years and 9 months we have lived in this flat, I have had the heating on three times, the day we moved in we used to gas fire for a couple of hours, and have used the radiators twice, both times for no more than an hour. I keep saying I should shove a fiver through the neighbours doors, both the two floors below and the one next door. Even now my lounge windows are open and have been since around March, my bedroom window is always open and my kitchen window is open more often than closed.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 05:06 PM

Glad I am not on my own then, the bathroom is freezing so put the heating on for the shower and turn it off after.I put it on also about nine at night so the bedroom is warm at bedtime. Its not going to be fun if we have the electric off, our heating doesnt come on then although its LPG.So it will be a frozen Annie this winter
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2013, 05:25 PM

Read recently that a cool bed and bed room is more condusive to getting and staying asleep than is a warm bed and room. It is to do with the way a body reacts to temperatures, body temp lowers and encourages sleep. The article was about insomnia and ways to overcome, said something about getting out of hot bath, then into cold bed/room actually helps body drop off quicker than a hot bed/room. Have to say I am inclined to agree. Diving into a cold bed may not sound ideal, but the oxygen carrying blood is diverted to warm the body, thus brain ixtgen and therefore brain activity is reduced.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by lavander ->
next verse....then buy a new boiler if that one's too old
a nice new boiler worth it's weight in gold
it wouldn't be right for you to be cold
this Christmas.

if you can't afford one,then buy one of these
a nice fluffy fleece, to wrap round your knees
we wouldn't be happy if you had to freeze...this Christmas...

That's exactly what I'm going to do, Lavander. I do have a fleecy blanket which I bought to drape around a chair upstairs, but I've still got loads of blankets which I've never had the heart to throw out, so I'll be okay. Got to stay cheery!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 01:08 AM

Last night I put up a thread in Home & DIY about central heating, so I won't repeat it here, but have a little read.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top