Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 06:06 PM

Re: Cloudy2Clear

Depends on the workmen you get ..... the area etc .....
RichardE
New Member!
Derbyshire
RichardE is male 

29-07-2014, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Depends on the workmen you get ..... the area etc .....
Of course. And this is the same for any business.

I was merely pointing out that Cloudy2clear is a large franchise (not the nice cosy one-man local business which the adverts in the local publications seem to suggest). We never saw the local "owner" shown in the adverts, we never received a proper invoice and there are no local phone numbers, no address or other contacts on the one sheet of paperwork provided. The business vehicle was an oldish white van, not the smart vehicle shown in the adverts.

I would suggest that a reliable franchise business would regulate and control their franchisees, so that the products and quality of service is consistent in every area and doesn't "depend on the workmen you get" ?

Sorry, but I wouldn't recommend Cloudy2clear to a friend, based on my own experience.
RichardE
New Member!
Derbyshire
RichardE is male 

29-07-2014, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
As you correctly stated Richard, it is a franchise operation and I did my research first AND checked Building Regs too, just to be on the safe side.

The problem I encountered around here though is that many local contractors, even the big ones like Anglian & Everest flatly denied that you can replace the glazed units, which is totally untrue if the frames are still sound!

C2C were the only honest ones to come around and they picked up on the safety glass too - they miss-measured one and had to come back but I can't fault the work done and they cleaned up as they went too! stevmk2
I'm not actually criticising what c2c did in replacing the window, which is OK....just that I feel that I should not need to start researching Building Regs before I engage a supposed expert contractor. (I don't have to research legal matters before I engage a solicitor, or income tax law before I choose an accountant. )
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by RichardE ->
Of course. And this is the same for any business.

I was merely pointing out that Cloudy2clear is a large franchise (not the nice cosy one-man local business which the adverts in the local publications seem to suggest). We never saw the local "owner" shown in the adverts, we never received a proper invoice and there are no local phone numbers, no address or other contacts on the one sheet of paperwork provided. The business vehicle was an oldish white van, not the smart vehicle shown in the adverts.

I would suggest that a reliable franchise business would regulate and control their franchisees, so that the products and quality of service is consistent in every area and doesn't "depend on the workmen you get" ?

Sorry, but I wouldn't recommend Cloudy2clear to a friend, based on my own experience.
Don't blame you one bit - I would feel the same ......
Dug
New Member!
midlands
Dug is male 

25-04-2015, 11:28 AM

From the posts it would seem that the service from this firm varies widely by area.
We used Clouds2clear in Kenilworth, and got what I can only describe as a 'botch job'. Don't know why we paid them really, but we don't like hassle. Typical brits I guess....we don't complain up-front; just don't use again!
AnitaKelly
New Member!
Essex
AnitaKelly is female 

21-06-2015, 05:39 PM

Hi all, 1st GREAT forum!

Done a search cos want to replace 4 misted windows, and thinking of calling c2c. I just read through the posts, and I'm wondering if some of these workmen that turn up are just hired by c2c?

as RichardE said:
''The business vehicle was an oldish white van, not the smart vehicle shown in the adverts.''

Richard did it have c2c logo on the van, cos really maybe I'm better of using a local window trades man?
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 06:14 PM

Use a local one AnitaKelly, we used one for this and they were very good, I'm in Nottinghamshire but also had a good local one when we lived in Yorkshire - so they get around.

Get a few quotes..

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top