Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 02:40 PM

Re: Scum giving Brits (and football) a bad name

A Chelsea fan filmed while racist chants were shouted on the Paris Métro was a “vocal” supporter of Ukip, even posing with the party’s leader, Nigel Farage.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...h-nigel-farage

What a surprise, lol.

I’m sure many people who intend to vote UKIP abhor racism. But you have to wonder why this party seems to attract more than its fair share of racists and nutcases. (I’m sure biased media reporting will cover some of it, but that only goes so far. And interestingly, as UKIP’s fortunes rise, the BNP’s plummet...)

Still, another opportunity for a shot of Nige guffawing over a pint - incidentally, an import of that American practice where election candidates try to be seen enjoying a beer as much as possible in order to fool the masses into thinking they’re a man of the people.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 02:56 PM

They attract them because generally racists are stupid people and they don't understand or even bother to read the manifesto.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 03:57 PM

Having been a loyal, vociferous, avid follower of my chosen football team. More often than not disappointed by their performance, dedication and generally overpaid ability and commitment to doing their best. I have often felt momentary extreme anger and have psychologically dumped them, hundreds of times over the 60+ years I have supported them. (Still a supporter. Tch!)
I have never once taken my own aggravation out of anyone else either friendly or opposition. Further more despite my army service which led me into confrontation with all sort of ethnically diverse opponents. I have never used racism against any players or fans.
I do not relate this for my benefit but to demonstrate that I am merely one of the vast majority of ordinary fans that conduct themselves this way. As opposed to the very few yobby, gobby, imbeciles that sadly pervade our great game.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...h-nigel-farage

What a surprise, lol.

I’m sure many people who intend to vote UKIP abhor racism. But you have to wonder why this party seems to attract more than its fair share of racists and nutcases. (I’m sure biased media reporting will cover some of it, but that only goes so far. And interestingly, as UKIP’s fortunes rise, the BNP’s plummet...)

Still, another opportunity for a shot of Nige guffawing over a pint - incidentally, an import of that American practice where election candidates try to be seen enjoying a beer as much as possible in order to fool the masses into thinking they’re a man of the people.

Made me laugh Azz - saw a docu a few weeks back where an upper class couple invited Nigel to their splendid home - it was obviously an attempt to show him in an unfavourable light - it backfired though, 'they' were the ones that got 'drunk' and acted the 'fools' - while Nigel looked on in disbelief and was extremely courteous to them - I'd have shown them up for what they were
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2015, 11:46 PM

Scum Brits don't poop scoop. Imo.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2015, 12:06 AM

Never understood soccer, a tedious game that takes 90 minutes to produce a draw. Why don't they just have a ten minute penalty shoot out to decide the winner then let the fans loose on the pitch to beat each other up. Seems the ideal solution, a win/win for every one. (On the downside it would remove the Oscar winning performances as the dear little fairies flounce and dive in the penalty area.)

At least with NRL and AFL draws are rare as is violence; after a game the rival team fans drink together at the club.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2015, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Never understood soccer, a tedious game that takes 90 minutes to produce a draw.
A draw is not really the aim of the game and doesn't happen too often anyway, but you are correct in saying you don't understand soccer.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2015, 08:48 AM

My friend and I were in the pub having a meal last night. The pub was full because the footie was on and there are screens everywhere. There was a huge roar when a goal was scored. I nearly choked on ma fish n chips Football is so popular in this country and is adored by thousands of fans and spoiled by hundreds of yobs. Scum indeed.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2015, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
A draw is not really the aim of the game and doesn't happen too often anyway, but you are correct in saying you don't understand soccer.
Are you sure you understand soccer? look at last week's results:

Adelaide 1 - 1 Perth
Sydney 3 - 3 Melb Victory
Newcastle 1 - 1 Western Sydney
Wellington 0 - 0 Melb City
Central Coast 0 - 2 Brisbane
Western Sydney 2 - 0 Wellington

67% of the matches were draws.

QED
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2015, 03:11 AM

Haha, you would have made a stronger point if you picked a week with 100% draws.
There was only one goalless game though, which might be disappointing to some fans.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top