Join for free
Page 119 of 370 « First < 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 219 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 11:24 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Thanks Mags, Surfermom and Mups you've warmed me cockles......

With just one armchair left to dismantle and dispose of I should be finished today....Just a strip light to install in the garage of darkness....Friends Ay'...A woman on her own is easy prey for the unscrupulous workman...She does make exceedingly good tea though....

So that's my exercise for today....Oh.....Did I forget about the visit to Tesco with Mrs Fox this morning....She can do all the heavy lifting......Strong as an ox she is (and looks like one)....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

With just one armchair left to dismantle and dispose of I should be finished today....Just a strip light to install in the garage of darkness....Friends Ay'...A woman on her own is easy prey for the unscrupulous workman...She does make exceedingly good tea though....

So that's my exercise for today....Oh.....Did I forget about the visit to Tesco with Mrs Fox this morning....She can do all the heavy lifting......Strong as an ox she is (and looks like one)....
Tsk, tsk, tsk. After that remark, I hope she's doing some heavy lifting, alright....

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 07:10 PM

And that's another thing - you can leave your warm cockles out of this young man!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 07:20 PM

Bob - With all that pushing and shoving, just be careful bud. Don't forget to rest up for a while. Using different muscles than what you're used to will take its toll. But all credit to you for returning here with such a positive attitude. We all know you can and will get back to that old foxy form very soon
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 07:22 PM

With the rest of the week off work as a two-day holiday (initially planned for DIY around the house, although I may shelve that until Easter) I’m not back at work until Sunday night, so no clock watching at the gym, which is a God-given blessing for a change.

Today then, with no time limit to worry about, I had a “free day” to do whatever I pleased training-wise, so I decided to see what I could still manage to lift as a complete balls-out strength session for the arms. I wasn’t disappointed.

Wednesday, 21 Feb 18:
Arms

Machine bicep curls (warm-up):
25x25, 20x25, 15x25

Tricep extensions - Part 1: Heavy (up the stack):
40x25, 20x35, 15x45, 12x50, 10x60, 8x70
30x20 high reps
*Felt great to be still able to go to the max on this stack machine and then finish with some high reps.

DB press, 15° incline bench:
12x20, 12x20, 12x20
*No weight increases on this exercise today. Saving myself for later.

E-Z bar preacher curls - Part 1: Heavy, slow reps:
10x28, 10x38, 6x48, 2x53
15x30.5
*It’s been a long time since I lifted 53kg on a bar by just curling the arms. Just goes to show that my usual high reps/light weights failure sets keep the power there when it’s required.

Single DB press:
20x42, 20x46, 20x50

Triceps pulldown:
35x41, 25x47, 15x53

Concentration curl, alt.:
8x16, 8x16, 8x16

High pull cable curls:
14x20, 14x25, 14x30, 8x35
*Haven’t done these in ages. Standing with arms stretched out to the sides and pulling inwards to the head with biceps.

E-Z bar preacher curls - Part 2: 85° low pull pad incline, close grip on bar:
26x23, 22x23, 12x23
*Really worked my arms to the max on these by doing as many reps as possible until I couldn’t do anymore, then held the bar by pausing at the top and forcing another couple of reps out on each set causing a tremendous strain on those guns!

E-Z bar preacher curls – Part 3: 45° standard pad incline, wide grip on bar:
15x18, 12x18, 10x18
*You can see by the tiny amount of reps on this pifflingly miniscule weight that my arms were just about destroyed by now!

Tricep extensions - Part 2: Standard reps:
25x40, 20x40, 15x40

Time: 1hr. 35mins.

It’s been a while since I performed that much work solely for the arms and they coped with it all really well as I pushed myself to the limit on some of the very heavy weights, my biceps and triceps pumped up stupidly. Yeah, I guess I’ll never get out of the habit (and I’m sorry about the silly ‘bro’ gym language I use from time to time in my write-ups, again it’s just a habit!). But I was very pleased with all that and it’s a good foundation builder for my weekend upper body session.

Thanks for reading
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 09:26 PM

Hells Bells Floydy, you've lifted some weight on that session...

If I've run one and a half times around the world in my career, I bet you've actually lifted it.....Outstanding Floydy....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 10:26 PM

I managed to walk about ¾ of a mile back from the surgery (blood test) this morning.
How Ive got the cheek to post it here I really dont know
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-02-2018, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I managed to walk about ¾ of a mile back from the surgery (blood test) this morning.
How Ive got the cheek to post it here I really dont know
Well that beats my demolition of an armchair Ruthio....It was a cushy job too.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 12:51 AM

Armchairs and walks to doctors' offices count in my book!

Very nice of you OGF to help your friend! Many a neighbor has earned a chocolate meringue or key lime pie as windfall over the years for the generosity of managing something that I either wasn't strong enough to do or just too unskilled to manage. While it is much easier for me to offer help than accept it, I very much enjoy being part of a neighborhood in which we lend a hand and keep an eye out for each other. It sounds like you are fortunate to live similarly.

Ruthio, even by walking to your appointment, you managed more than most do these days, so good for you. I hope your health is improving! From the looks of your posts, you are!

Floydy, wow, that was some workout. I have to tell you that most of us women don't put that kind of work into our arms but I am no less impressed. I try really hard not to develop my trapezius muscles because I don't much care for the way it makes me look, but I have to keep my shoulders and triceps strong for the surfboard paddling which is more tiring than it looks. Stay with it, but please don't tempt the fates going too heavy! We already have too many of us on the bench right now .

Skipping a lengthy run today for my daughter's infusions and appointments, tomorrow holds a little more promise with both the surf and sun reports looking .

Be sure to watch the web cams in my area. If you see what appears to be a seal or walrus wrestling around and flailing in the sand, do not call Florida Fish and Wildlife with a stranding report. It is only me trying to put a wetsuit on.

It is not pretty sight.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

22-02-2018, 03:38 AM

Hells Bells Floydy, you've lifted some weight on that session...

If I've run one and a half times around the world in my career, I bet you've actually lifted it.....Outstanding Floydy....
Thanks Bob. My arms feel like they're ready to fall off right now as I can't even raise them from the armchair, except to sip my Famous Grouse.

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Floydy, wow, that was some workout. I have to tell you that most of us women don't put that kind of work into our arms but I am no less impressed. I try really hard not to develop my trapezius muscles because I don't much care for the way it makes me look, but I have to keep my shoulders and triceps strong for the surfboard paddling which is more tiring than it looks. Stay with it, but please don't tempt the fates going too heavy! We already have too many of us on the bench right now .

Skipping a lengthy run today for my daughter's infusions and appointments, tomorrow holds a little more promise with both the surf and sun reports looking .

Be sure to watch the web cams in my area. If you see what appears to be a seal or walrus wrestling around and flailing in the sand, do not call Florida Fish and Wildlife with a stranding report. It is only me trying to put a wetsuit on.

It is not pretty sight.
Yes, I avoided any traps work, and I agree with you that women with big traps and lats don't really float my boat, never mind a surfboard! But it's good to do a little bit of everything to keep the balance right and all the muscles in proportion.
Back to my regular reps training next time.

Best wishes to your daughter. Is she going on okay with her treatment at the moment?

Time to run in for the night. Long day tomorrow shopping and doing some DIY (possibly).
Good night all

Page 119 of 370 « First < 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 219 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top