Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 05:07 PM

How can I get motivated?

After almost nine months of restoring my house I have finally ripped out the old bathroom ready to refurb. So far, every single job has been ten times the amount of work I imagined. The trouble is, I really can't be bothered at the moment and although I know I should be working hard on it every day, I just can't bring myself to start each morning.

Anyone else had this problem and any advice on how to get motivated again?

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 05:12 PM

Re: How can I get motivated?

In the morning - have a coffee and good breakfast then - put on some feel good music - you'll be ready to go !
While you sip that coffee, imagine the end result
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 05:14 PM

Get yourself a nagging wife, that works for me. lol
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 05:17 PM

I have tried listening to my old battered radio with a piece of metal trim for an ariel. That hasn't worked. My wife is being very understanding and not putting any pressure on me. Maybe that is the problem?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Get yourself a nagging wife, that works for me. lol
I won't say a word ..............(to Sheila)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

08-04-2016, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have tried listening to my old battered radio with a piece of metal trim for an ariel. That hasn't worked. My wife is being very understanding and not putting any pressure on me. Maybe that is the problem?
Yes - Alan could be right
And, maybe you should change the station
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 05:30 PM

Get a man in , may hurt your pride , but if I may say so you sound fed up to the back teeth, Enough already.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-04-2016, 05:35 PM

The trouble is, I am the man. Bathroom fitting is what I do for a living.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
After almost nine months of restoring my house I have finally ripped out the old bathroom ready to refurb. So far, every single job has been ten times the amount of work I imagined. The trouble is, I really can't be bothered at the moment and although I know I should be working hard on it every day, I just can't bring myself to start each morning.
I don't have that problem Longdog I tell myself the sooner I get going the sooner I will be finished and that particularly applies to jobs I don't like doing.

The best thing is not to think about it just get on and do it
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-04-2016, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't have that problem Longdog I tell myself the sooner I get going the sooner I will be finished and that particularly applies to jobs I don't like doing.

The best thing is not to think about it just get on and do it
Yes, I know you are right. I think I will make an early start tomorrow. Sometimes just starting gets you involved.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top