Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 09:14 PM

Re: When did you last move home?

I know how you feel Callumsmum. We have been in our current house over 20 years and I never fell in love with it - no instinctive feeling of it being right like you often get when you see a house you want to live in. It was my husband's choice and I suppose it was practical and OK when the children were growing up. Now we are getting older it is too big and getting harder to keep and I want to move before it is too late. Husband is quite happy where we are and is wearing blinkers over the whole thing.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2011, 10:47 AM

I had my own house where we lived for 14 years and I loved it, it wasnt much but it was mine and my kids grew up there and like others have said I had put a lot into my garden but then my son had a serious accident and we had to move into a bigger house to accommodate his needs which we all hated.

We lived there (and three places previous to that while it was being sorted) for 11 years then one day I was told by my sons solicitor to move out as he was moving somewhere smaller. It was a big upheaval as I had been told previously as that house was for life but it has turned out much better as none of us felt at home in that house as it was too big and not homely.

The trouble is our new house is now rented as I gave up my mortgage stupidly on my own house when my son had his accident as I wasnt thinking straight and Im too old now to take out a new one so this house isnt really secure.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2011, 06:16 PM

Moved in June this year, boy was it stressful I am just only now beginning to relax a little, but am unsure of where I will be once the lease is up 20th June next year...
callumsmum
warwickshire uk
callumsmum is female  callumsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2011, 06:24 AM

Well it comes down to money really we lost about £30,00 on our last house which we had done lovely we sold it for cash to move quick as houses were not selling,I was never keen on this house i didnt even see it till i moved in husband bought it he has done it up as i sat crying on the doorstep as it looked so shabby but he has worked hard to sort everything out.again we have spent a lot of money doing it up and i am afraid we just wouldnt get our money back should we move again..And i am getting a bit fed up of buying roof trim and new doors to leave behind.Its up a corner so its very quiet and private not over big but i had a fishing lake and woods behind me before and i so miss that feeding the ducks every morning was lovely .I have open countryside here about 500 yards away but it doesnt look as nice ..I have to be honest and say i am not sure when i will get out of here ..husband still has 11 years of work and he is talking of staying on after that grrrrrrrrrrrits possible we may be able to move back home when our mortgage deal comes up as its fixed till 2013 but that wont solve the work issue he was travelling for over 3 hours a day to get to work so we would be back to square one..I keep trying to make myself like it here but its hard i think i am going to enter Rugby in bloom next year that willl give me something to focus on .I miss my friends and people in my small drive dont speak to anyone they come and go in silence ..thank goodness i have the dog !!!

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top