Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

02-05-2011, 12:58 PM

Re: Football Disappointment!

Glad you enjoyed the pies Bob, I was glad to see my old mate Dirk Kuyt is still able to put a damn good shift in.

I agree, I think things are on the move now and the reds will once again be a force to reckon with.
I have been impressed with Luis Suarez for a while now and he just gets better.

There was a rumour that Joe Cole wanted to return to the Boleyn but I guess by the time that happens it will be a car park for the gruesome twosome and the Hydra.

Our match?, I am lost for words really.
We are where we deserve to be and nothing short of the second coming of the sainted Bobby Moore and the blessed John Lyle will help us avoid the drop to further ignomy.

They do a rare pie at Turf Moor courtesy of Hollands so maybe the Championship is not going to be so bad, it is only just down the road a bit so I might get to watch them locally. In any event, the scarves are the same colours.
Who knows, we might have another manager by then.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Who are they Mags?
Bristol Rovers!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 06:41 PM

oh my son used to support Bristol City when we lived in Gloucester.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2011, 09:05 PM

I watched highlights of Hammers v Blackburn earlier this evening and how such a lauded player as Robbie Keane can miss so many sitters in a season is beyond me, even that donkey Jason Roberts netted for Blackburn.
If West ham do go down then rubbish finishing like we saw today is a lot to blame, same can be said for Spurs who blew so many chances against Blackpool, absolute tripe!

Bob.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

08-05-2011, 12:23 PM

I was hoping at least for a bit of the old Hammers fight, sadly fight and certainly passion would not seem within Avram Grant's compass.

It was evident yesterday that his apathy has been implanted into the entire squad. Any hope of saving us from relegation crumbled yesterday, rather like their collective backbones.
The board have more or less said we are doomed even though it is still mathematically possible to stay up, such is the strength their support.

Ironically, the gruesome twosome say they already have a plan in place for our climb back to the Prem which probably has been filed under 'desperate' since they appointed Avram.

Interesting, the decisions on QPR made by that august body the F.A.
As far as fairness goes perhaps their initials tell us all we need to know.

Sad to see Lincoln City relegated John.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2011, 07:37 PM

Hammer, they were crap. Couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, as they say. Still lets look on the bright side, local derbys are back with Grimsby, who got the boot from the league last season.Interesting to see who'll turn up mind,apart from one man and a dog.Still Lincoln Ladies are playing at the moment, so I''ll switch over. Not sexually I hasten to add!
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2011, 07:31 PM

You know what they say John, the only way is up, surely it won't get worse at Sincil Bank next season?
I noticed that Notts County avoided the drop from league 1 and Forest are in the Championship play offs, meeting Swansea city in a two legged semi final.
Still a bit of hope for my lot to sneak a place in the Europa league next season although many people (me included) would prefer a successful assault on the Premiership Title.

Bob.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

09-05-2011, 08:33 PM

Will it be the great Sincil Bank mystery though.

Bob, I would really like to see the Reds have an all out go at the title next season.
At least I will avoid all the mickey taking from my scouse mate next season as we will only meet in any cup matches.

One rather sad sight flying overhead today, a plane, presumably from a Blackpool supporter was circling about over Preston towing banners that were taunting them for being relegated.

Out of order.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2011, 10:28 PM

Hammer, one bit of good news for you, if they do give Avram Grant the tintack, with that hangdog expression of his, he could walk into any undertakers tomorrow, and be given a job straight away!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

10-05-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Hammer, one bit of good news for you, if they do give Avram Grant the tintack, with that hangdog expression of his, he could walk into any undertakers tomorrow, and be given a job straight away!
Got that about right John, for certain he is presiding over the last rites of our season.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top