Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 11:04 AM

Re: Do you have a favourite choice of Hoover .

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
We are actually a two Dyson household! A small cordless one and a huge powerful corded one. Mainly because we live in a large sprawling flat. The cordless comes out for minor jobs. But the ‘biggy’ is essential for the major housework. Particularly with two dogs!

Do you have a stick Dyson ,?..if you do,what would you rate it out of ten,Fridgemagnet?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
How would you rate the Dyson stick,out of ten,Meg?
Pauline this is my second one, I preferred the first one which came with better attachments, unfortunately, they won't fit this one .
8/10
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 11:07 AM

Hi Floydy,they also have a powerful suction,and good reviews.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

04-08-2018, 11:09 AM

Ok,thank you,Meg.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 11:41 AM

To be honest UJ,the shark has great reviews,I have a trigger handheld Dyson ,but I need an upright one as well,I am seriously thinking about buying a shark,now you have made me think about it more.

Pauline darlin' - don't get me wrong, 'shark' is an excellent vacuum cleaner, the problem I had (and still have) is related to my medical problem - the disease I have robs me of my energy and stamina. The disease is incurable, but the Consultants tell me its manageable - this means attending the hospital weekly, having a blood test and being injected into my stomach with this 'jollop' which is supposed to 'kick start' my bone marrow into producing more red blood cells.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 11:45 AM

I've got 5 Dysons

2 mains ball ones, one upstairs and one downstairs for major cleaning, they get trundled out once a week.

2 cordless, again, 1 upstairs, 1 downstairs. The downstairs one is better than the upstairs one as it's a better, newer, more efficient model. The upstairs one was the first stick vacuum Dyson brought out so it's old, but still works really well.

The fifth one is an ancient DC07 that I used to use for work and which is now parked in the conservatory, I'm supposed to use it for vaccing the conservatory carpet as it gets grubby every day with me and dawg in and out but to be honest I whizz round with the cordless elsewhere downstairs every day so I've been using that in the conservatory as well. Will possibly relegate the old DC07 to the shed eventually.

Performance for the cordless.....11/10, it's excellent.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Bought one of these last year. It's a bit heavy when doing the stairs but otherwise a great little Hoover:
Still the best imo, despite the EU vacuum police getting their garlic mitts on them. I had my previous Henry for almost 30 years and it easily digested nails, screws and rubble. The new one is not quite as powerful but it's still good. It has an eco function on it that I NEVER use.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 11:59 AM

Poor ( or rather very rich ) Mr Dyson would be most upset to know his vacuums are known as Hoovers!
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 12:07 PM

Do you have a stick Dyson ,?..if you do,what would you rate it out of ten,Fridgemagnet?
I’d probably give it no more than a six. It fills up extremely quickly and the head sometimes has to be completely dismantled to remove stubborn hair and fluff!

And anyway. Both of our chihuahuas go absolutely berserk as soon as you remove it from its cradle. Even before you’ve even switched it on!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Poor ( or rather very rich ) Mr Dyson would be most upset to know his vacuums are known as Hoovers!

It seems Mr Dyson has improved things of late. The best place to see the largest selection of Dyson vacuum cleaners always used to be at the rubbish Tip.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top