Join for free
Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 04:26 PM

Re: Is Glamour Only For The Young?

Just for the young? Not at all. This is my friends' mom. The photo was taken when she was 91.

What's she doing right?

Sunglasses that are classic but in style (alluring with her hair, don't you think?).
Chic hair style. It's a little wind blown here, but you get the idea
Upturned collar (sometime turtlenecks). Hides turkey neck and jowls but frames the face. Few prints, tailored pieces. Lots of crisp, usually cotton, blouses.
Wears bright colors (red, coral, cobalt) in solids, but stays away from prints unless they are on accessories like scarves. Avoids black that highlights wrinkles.
A little bit of a suntan
Earrings that add light to the face
Lip color..but most especially gloss; it makes lips look plumper
Light foundation.

Approachable and smiling, smiling, smiling....

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It's blokes fault, they start by wanting a calm cruise on the Nile, but can't take their eyes off the Pyramids.
In 'denial.' 'Tut!'
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Just for the young? Not at all. This is my friends' mom. The photo was taken when she was 91.

What's she doing right?

Sunglasses that are classic but in style (alluring with her hair, don't you think?).
Chic hair style. It's a little wind blown here, but you get the idea
Upturned collar (sometime turtlenecks). Hides turkey neck and jowls but frames the face. Few prints, tailored pieces. Lots of crisp, usually cotton, blouses.
Wears bright colors (red, coral, cobalt) in solids, but stays away from prints unless they are on accessories like scarves. Avoids black that highlights wrinkles.
A little bit of a suntan
Earrings that add light to the face
Lip color..but most especially gloss; it makes lips look plumper
Light foundation.

Approachable and smiling, smiling, smiling....

Oh my gosh Surfer, what a sweetheart she is. Thanks for posting her picture, it sure makes me feel good that I could be like that when I reach 91.......I'll be happy.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
In 'denial.' 'Tut!'
You mad fools. X
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 01:30 AM

I haven't worn makeup since I was 41. I am now in my upper 60s. I'm a what you see is what you get kind of person. If others don't like what I look like they don't have to look at me. I have not let myself go. I keep my weight in check, I do yoga and I walk. My hair is long. I have feathered bangs and I usually wear my hair with one braid to the side of my face. My hair is medium brown and is threaded with white shiny hair. I don't like short hair on myself. It makes me feel like a boy. I like being a girl. There's nothing wrong with looking one's age. That's called self-acceptance. I like me. To me that's what's important. If you like yourself with makeup and your hair colored, then that is what's right for you.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Sage ->
I haven't worn makeup since I was 41. I am now in my upper 60s. I'm a what you see is what you get kind of person. If others don't like what I look like they don't have to look at me. I have not let myself go. I keep my weight in check, I do yoga and I walk. My hair is long. I have feathered bangs and I usually wear my hair with one braid to the side of my face. My hair is medium brown and is threaded with white shiny hair. I don't like short hair on myself. It makes me feel like a boy. I like being a girl. There's nothing wrong with looking one's age. That's called self-acceptance. I like me. To me that's what's important. If you like yourself with makeup and your hair colored, then that is what's right for you.
I love your post Sage. It’s so refreshing seeing women who enjoy and take pride in caring for themselves and own it.

It’s refreshing reading how you enjoy walking , doing yoga and have long hair that you usually wear in a braid on the side.

It’s nice reading about other women who enjoy being a women.
It’s nice reading about others who like themselves and enjoy their own company. Accepting and liking yourself is extremely important. After all, if you don’t like yourself, how can you Expect anyone else to?

What a great attitude you have.
By the way, I walk , do yoga and have long hair that’s usually braided. lol We could be twins
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 04:07 AM

Nice post Surfermom.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 08:34 AM

Forget the young, what about "Blokettes", are they ponces???
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 09:17 AM

I learn something new every day never heard of blokettes...although I can imagine and skorts are new to me too...not sure we use that term here.

I'm just happy to fix myself so I don't frighten the local population when I step out the door
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have always worn make up and kept my hair nice and coloured It has been a way of life for me.

I feel, if l give up looking after myself and presenting myself in the way l always have, then l might as well give up and just go and sit in God’s Waiting Room!

Some would disagree with me and say, wearing make up is a vanity thing and only for the young or, if you are trying to attract a man.

I disagree, l feel if you look good with a bit of make up on and your hair is nice, then there’s nothing wrong with that and it’s good for your self esteem.

It is different strokes for different folks...What are your views?
I agree,I have seen woman and know woman who are way over 70,they wear make up and look after their appearance ,they look amazing!..I have always worn a little make up,and always make sure my hair looks nice,just because you get to a certain age,doesn't mean you can't look attractive !..

Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top