Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 09:05 PM

A Christmas Carol - Brexit Version.

I need some help in putting together a small Christmas play, modelled on Dickens's " A Christmas Carol."

I already have TM lined up (in my thinking) as Ebenezer Scrooge.

My thinking about miserable old goat, Jacob Marley, is that Phil Hammond would fit the bill nicely. He would look good wrapped in chains and wailing about all of the issues we caused.

The Ghost of Christmas Past I see as Nige. He takes us to look over all the screw ups which led us to joining the EU.

The Ghost of Christmas Present might well be the jovial Kenneth Clarke who is charged with telling TM about all the mistakes she has made.

The Ghost of Christmas yet to come is a little more difficult to cast. Is it happy go lucky Boris, or someone else?

Tiny Tim is an easy one, I've looked long and hard for a suitable young lad and am thinking it might have to be Mr Barclay

The end piece, of the play, involves lots of Londoners out on the street singing and celebrating.

Tricky getting the story right but it should be ready by Christmas….but maybe not 2018.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 09:10 PM

Re: A Christmas Carol - Brexit Version.

They're all ghosts anyway. All politicians are dead from the neck up
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 09:18 PM

Very good idea! Christmas is typically an EU event: reindeer from iceland, a german christmas tree, mistletoe from france and brussel sprouts. What better feast to compare to brexit, the end of all hope for a prosperous future.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Very good idea! Christmas is typically an EU event: reindeer from iceland, a german christmas tree, mistletoe from france and brussel sprouts. What better feast to compare to brexit, the end of all hope for a prosperous future.
Nobody is suggesting that because we are leaving the EU we are breaking off relations with our friends in Europe, a common misconception among remainers....When the EU goes tits up we will be waiting to embrace all of our european neighbours and say "We told you so!".....
I believe there are one or two countries that are coming round to our way of thinking....This is why May should not let Brussels make an example of us...
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Christmas is typically an EU event!!!

That is so funny.

First you claim credit for The Armistice in 1918, then for peace in Europe since 1945.
Next you claim to be the saviours of democracy and prosperity.
And now you claim credit for the 2000 years of Christianity.

All this despite the EU being less than 30 year old.

And you expect us to take you seriously,lol!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 10:46 AM

Ester McVey needs a new job she'd make a better scrooge IMO
Teresa would be a better ghost of Christmas future, foretelling the worst deal in history.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I need some help in putting together a small Christmas play, modelled on Dickens's " A Christmas Carol."

I already have TM lined up (in my thinking) as Ebenezer Scrooge.

My thinking about miserable old goat, Jacob Marley, is that Phil Hammond would fit the bill nicely. He would look good wrapped in chains and wailing about all of the issues we caused.

The Ghost of Christmas Past I see as Nige. He takes us to look over all the screw ups which led us to joining the EU.

The Ghost of Christmas Present might well be the jovial Kenneth Clarke who is charged with telling TM about all the mistakes she has made.

The Ghost of Christmas yet to come is a little more difficult to cast. Is it happy go lucky Boris, or someone else?

Tiny Tim is an easy one, I've looked long and hard for a suitable young lad and am thinking it might have to be Mr Barclay

The end piece, of the play, involves lots of Londoners out on the street singing and celebrating.

Tricky getting the story right but it should be ready by Christmas….but maybe not 2018.

Don't bother mate.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 11:17 AM

The two children that appear from under the cloak;

Ignorance - Jeremy Corbyn

Want - Tony B Liar.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 11:27 AM

No apologies for trying to raise a few smiles.

We certainly need one or two.

My next project starts:-

On the First day of Christmas, my EU sent to me.....

It will include Free French hens, some MPs a milking, many swans a swimming, several Gold Rings..etc

Oh! "And a Partridge up a gum tree"

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The two children that appear from under the cloak;

Ignorance - Jeremy Corbyn

Want - Tony B Liar.

Well cast.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top