Join for free
Page 10 of 15 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 11:20 AM

Re: Are we heading for a fresh referendum???

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You do realise our politicians are no more qualified than us to make decisions ? they are just our representatives and should be doing what we have told them we want. They don't rule us and aren't any more educated or qualified which has become very obvious with their complete failure to do any sort of proper deal.
This is very true, although I am sure that at least some of them are well educated in various fields.

I do believe, though, that our current politicians do not appear to be very good at running a country!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 11:39 AM

Do you think all the MPs that have resigned are planning to form an alternative "Tory" party?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 11:41 AM

[QUOTE=TessA;1570233]Do you think all the MPs that have resigned are planning to form an alternative "Tory" party?[/QUOTE

I think there will be a power grab if the party splits it won't be now they will try to get TM out of the way IMO
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 12:11 PM

[QUOTE=Julie1962;1570236]
Originally Posted by TessA ->
Do you think all the MPs that have resigned are planning to form an alternative "Tory" party?[/QUOTE

I think there will be a power grab if the party splits it won't be now they will try to get TM out of the way IMO
Yes, and Hammond while they're at it.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You do realise our politicians are no more qualified than us to make decisions ? they are just our representatives and should be doing what we have told them we want. They don't rule us and aren't any more educated or qualified which has become very obvious with their complete failure to do any sort of proper deal.
There is stil time for a referendum to solve the present problem.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 06:01 PM

Nobody wants another referendum
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
This is very true, although I am sure that at least some of them are well educated in various fields.

I do believe, though, that our current politicians do not appear to be very good at running a country!
In summary, as I have said on many occasions that they are 'educated beyond their abilities'
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That is one of the roles of the British Army to support the population in times of need for example when there is flooding or bolshie EU eurocrats make our departure from the EU so difficult we have no option but to walk away and might need
help from the services to keep vital supply routes open.

I don't know why you are so concerned about what goes on in the UK when you say you live in the Netherlands. Even if you once lived here it is clear where your loyalties lie.
Good heavens!!!! what kind of country has this become when there is talk about using the army?????
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Good heavens!!!! what kind of country has this become when there is talk about using the army?????
Some of the conversations that I am hearing at work and in the pub are downright frightening to be honest.
I have often wondered why the populace in 1930's Germany could not see what Hitler was up to.
I can understand it very well now.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
There is stil time for a referendum to solve the present problem.
When our referendum result was announced, I recall that many people in the Netherlands were saying that they would consider leaving the EU too.
Perhaps, Solasch, you should be making sure that your own people don't pressure your government for a referendum, instead of trying to tell the British what they should do.

If you think that another referendum will sort the problem here, you obviously have little understanding of what has caused the problem!

Page 10 of 15 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top