Join for free
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 15 16 17
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 08:19 PM

Re: So this is where I stand

[QUOTE=itsme;1572880]MY GRATITUDE? what the ---- are you on about?

I do NOT disrespect this country as you say, only some of the Richard Cranium's who live in it.

You seem also to hold a lot of people in contempt, probably more than a rational person would be expected to do. e.g. the Germans, the French, the Dutch, (not bothered about me).

Is it about time you started putting something positive forward on this forum instead of your twisted and warped views about what you see as the big bogey man called the EU.or are you setting them up as to blame when we come out and descend in to a chaotic shambles (QUOTE/

Putting aside you're boring but now predictable insults aimed at me in every reply you have made to my posts,
I will on this occasion reply.

I have absolutely nothing against France, Germany, Netherlands, or any other European country and it's citizens, What I detest is the EU dictatorship. simple as that.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
Then you should do it for your self
No guarantee that would work if competitors are employing extra cheap labour and undercutting everyone.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Again, that's nonsense.

They have been planning this for decades.

Undermining Nato by not spending their 2% gdp on defence was a deliberate ploy..

They see Brexit as an opportunity to push this agenda forward.
I didn't say that they hadn't been planning it I said that the sudden rush is down to Trump. The idea was originally put forward in the 50s but was rejected by the French parliament.

It's nothing to do with Brexit, Trump has changed the status quo.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
What I don't understand about that is if they can't pay their 2 percent towards NATO how are they going to afford their own army ? makes no sense to me although others will say I'm too dim to understand the ways of the world,
When Trump makes statements on anything, the issue gets muddled. The nato is not an organisation to protect europe, but the idea is that one member is attacked the other 28 come to its assistance and go to war against the assailant. For instance when Turkey (member) is attacked by Israel all other 28 members punish Israel by etc.

The nato as organisation makes all kinds of costs for personel, office equipment, office buildings etc. These costs are paid by all members, based on their shared wealth as a country. All members have always paid their membership dues.

Nato members in 2006 have agreed that by 2024 they will spent 2% of their GDP on defences. A small country like Albania has few enemies, so their spending is low. A country like the USA have always spent heavily on armaments. They declared war on Korea, Vietnam, drugs, terrorists, and recently even their army is keeping immigrants from the borders. Where mr. Trump muddles the nato issue, is that costs of patrolling the pacific, burning south amercan jungle to destroy cocaine facilities, patrolling mexico and canadian border are added up by him and he says that is usa's part in paying nato.
How to compare this with UK contribution in form of military bases in germany, gibraltar, cyprus. It's not fair.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 08:44 PM

Again, that's nonsense.

They have been planning this for decades.

Undermining Nato by not spending their 2% gdp on defence was a deliberate ploy..

They see Brexit as an opportunity to push this agenda forward.
It wouldn't surprise me if Germany and Vichy France have been making plans since 1945!

As for not paying the agreed amounts to NATO, if I were Trump I'd tell them that the US is not going to pay for their defence any more and they can consider themselves out of NATO.

America likes to have bases in as many areas of the world as possible in case of dangerous events, but they'd still have the UK, and such places as Turkey and the middle east, and also possibly British bases like Cyprus.

I think that would make the EU rulers perk up, especially if Russia decides to take advantage of the situation!
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 11:57 AM

That is complete and utter crap. Nato is not the USA.

There is NO reason to need an EU army.

You have totaly sold your soul to the EU if you think the EU needs an army.

Of course America=NATO to suggest otherwise is head in the sand thinking. Nothing unusual there.

Whether the EU needs an army is irelavent, if they believe they need one it is up to them and as we have said we won't actually join one, to suggest, that should there become a time, for what ever reason, we wouldn't become involved is very strange thinking to say the least.

Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 15 16 17

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top