Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 11:07 AM

Dashcams: Drivers' footage leads to prosecutions

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wal...o-prosecutions (with video)

Dashcam footage sent to police has led to hundreds of motorists being fined and prosecuted in court over the last year in Wales.

As well as crashes, dangerous driving and using a phone behind the wheel, two motorists were caught on camera driving with dogs riding on their laps.

More than 2,300 dashcam films were sent in, with action in more than 630 cases.
That's the way to do it .....
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 02:22 PM

Re: Dashcams: Drivers' footage leads to prosecutions

I may be wrong but I think that prosecutions can only take place if the footage has not been shown on social media sites.

I think it's a great idea.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
I may be wrong but I think that prosecutions can only take place if the footage has not been shown on social media sites.
Warks Police say:

Please remove the footage from social media. Crown Prosecution Service advice is that your footage should not be in the public domain as this may adversely affect subsequent proceedings.
https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/a...-FAQs#faq47872

Cheshire Police say the same:

https://www.cheshire.police.uk/advic...shcam-footage/

Please remove the footage from social media. We have worked closely with the Crown Prosecution Service on this process and their advice is that your footage should not be in the public domain/on social media sites as this may affect us being able to take any action if the matter went to court
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 04:52 PM

I have already fitted dash cams in both of the cars , maybe they will be a manufactures addition in cars like sat navs
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I have already fitted dash cams in both of the cars , maybe they will be a manufactures addition in cars like sat navs
I finally put one in mine.
The very first day I was out, it filmed a Volvo crashing into a Merc in a car park....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

05-01-2019, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I finally put one in mine.
The very first day I was out, it filmed a Volvo crashing into a Merc in a car park....
Are you passing it to the police or posting it on social media .....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Are you passing it to the police or posting it on social media .....
No need, both drivers were present. The Merc was reversing out of his space and the Volvo driver was not looking where he was going - they collided.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

05-01-2019, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
No need, both drivers were present. The Merc was reversing out of his space and the Volvo driver was not looking where he was going - they collided.
Was there much damage .....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 06:17 PM

Hi

Guy lives in Taiwan.

Dashcams are compulsory.

If there is a collision the Police review the evidence there and then and an on the spot fine is issued.

Saves a lot of time and money.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

05-01-2019, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Was there much damage .....
Probably a couple of grands worth to each car I suspect.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top