Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
steven collier
uk
steven collier is male 

15-01-2019, 01:48 AM

Will technology be the downfall of man?

I believe it will and strongly support the re initiation of the Luddite movement..is the new technology thrusted upon us really neccessary and does it really benefit us? I think not..life was much better pre computer age in my opinion..we were fitter,more relaxed and happier.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 01:52 AM

Re: Will technology be the downfall of man?

Originally Posted by steven collier ->
I believe it will and strongly support the re initiation of the Luddite movement..is the new technology thrusted upon us really neccessary and does it really benefit us? I think not..life was much better pre computer age in my opinion..we were fitter,more relaxed and happier.
DITTO....even the cell phone. i was asked the other day for my cell phone to do some business at the bank, and when I said I didn't have one...she said "oh my gosh, how on earth do you manage without a cell"............hahaha I am not a slave to my phone.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by steven collier ->
Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
DITTO....even the cell phone. i was asked the other day for my cell phone to do some business at the bank, and when I said I didn't have one...she said "oh my gosh, how on earth do you manage without a cell"............hahaha I am not a slave to my phone.
Were it not for this new technology YOU would be starving no matter how relaxed and phoneless you were.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 05:03 AM

Technology is very advantageous to the point that we cannot live without it. Everything is controlled by computers and unless you are some kind of primitive hermit living in the woods and eating wild berries we are all affected by it in some way, shape or form.

That is not to say it has it's flaws, huge ones at that. And withing a few years I believe that computer hacking and malware corruption will be rife to the point of general world collapse. This will affect computers controlling life support machines, banking, rail and road networks, electricity....everything. It's only a matter of time and technology is moving so fast now that we will be powerless to stop it happening.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 05:09 AM

And what about artificial intelligence where people can use technology to read people’s minds. Sounds like something out of a science fiction movie but it’s being done. Having your own personal thoughts could eventually be something from the past.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
And what about artificial intelligence where people can use technology to read people’s minds. Sounds like something out of a science fiction movie but it’s being done. Having your own personal thoughts could eventually be something from the past.
It scares me what they actually are up to in their laboratories, Bratti. With all new inventions taking years to appear in the marketplace, there must be some serious inroads going on in those secret development places.
I reckon they're already cloning humans somewhere. Look how far the GPS system has come. Everywhere we go we are being tracked...they are even watching us in our homes through our TVs. It's really scary.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 08:20 AM

I feel that the Internet should never have been made available to the general public, at least not as much as it is.
It's been a marvelous tool for many especially the Medical profession, forces etc.
Too much has been abused and should have been monitored and restricted from the very beginning.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I feel that the Internet should never have been made available to the general public, at least not as much as it is.
It's been a marvelous tool for many especially the Medical profession, forces etc.
Too much has been abused and should have been monitored and restricted from the very beginning.
Quite right too, if we don't watch it the hoi polloi will be wanting the Bible written in English, or expect to be given the vote.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
The government will take full control of us when that happens, what a horrible thought that we wouldn't be allowed our own thoughts. We are already being conditioned to all agree on everything as it is and many darent express there own thoughts for fear of being called a bigot, racist etc. The future does seem bleak to me
steven collier
uk
steven collier is male 

15-01-2019, 11:46 AM

There is one thing that may disrupt technology though and that is what is happening to our sun now...due to low sun spot activity more cosmic rays are hitting the Earth and these may affect technology like satellites so i wouldnt bank on your smart phone or sat nav working one day...how will people cope then?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top