Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 12:58 PM

Washing machines, new, with short cycle times

I’m getting concerned that my Indesit machine, which I know is > 6-7 years old, takes much longer than the display time. I know they are estimates, but I’m sure it never used to be as temperamental. Seems it has adopted a mind of its own. It means I can no longer put on a ‘quick wash’ which I used to be able to do, as it seems to reset itself, and so a 40min load now takes well over an hour, and near enough 2.

What machines do you members have, that are not expensive, do quick washes, don’t take a lot of water consumption, and that you’d recommend?

Thanks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:06 PM

Re: Washing machines, new, with short cycle times

Hi Jazzi,

I am really, really pleased with my Bosch, though I know that doesn't mean to say it would suit everyone else.

I got one with a slightly larger drum size as I have a lot of dogs bedding/beds to wash.

It does a Wool wash which takes 40 mins.

A Super quick Wash which takes just 30 mins or less.

And spins varying from just emptying only through to a 1400 spin.
It is also wonderfully quiet.

My old one rattled like an old tractor when it spun, so this is a dream.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:16 PM

We have a bosch can't help with quick washes as I always put mine on for extra rinses, sensitive skins can't take the less rinses option we all get scratchy. I think the times are pretty much as they say in the box though as an 80 minute wash takes about 80 minutes and the 2 hour one takes 2 hours 10 minutes. Reasonably close to the time they suggest.

I know the dishwashers at work are getting longer and longer to finish though and I am told that's due to water not entering the machine as quick as it used to due to hard water deposits in the pipes. So the chap who came out to sort it out said.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 01:56 PM

I bought one from John Lewis 4 months ago and it's been a nightmare. Sometimes it washes fine, sometimes I get an error message halfway through and I have to turn it off and put it on spin to finish it off - and sometimes it stops at 5 mins. from the end and again I have to turn it off and just set it to spin. There's no logic to it, I don't overload it and the user manual's no help. I'd never have one of theirs again.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 02:02 PM

I have a Beko, one of the cheaper ones. It's geared to shorter washes and quick washes. Some programmes you can push a button and it cuts the wash time even more. It was only £199 and it's been great, I would certainly get another when the time comes.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 02:39 PM

Miele, does a 30 min wash but a) - its ancient and b) they aren't cheap
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 02:45 PM

How peculiar, the currys team have just finished fitting our new washing machine today, the last one an Ariston made lots of weird noises and boiled everything, it’s all a black art to me, I steer away from it
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 03:29 PM

Hi

Technology has advanced, embrace it.

Both in machines and washing chemicals.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I’m getting concerned that my Indesit machine, which I know is > 6-7 years old, takes much longer than the display time. I know they are estimates, but I’m sure it never used to be as temperamental. Seems it has adopted a mind of its own. It means I can no longer put on a ‘quick wash’ which I used to be able to do, as it seems to reset itself, and so a 40min load now takes well over an hour, and near enough 2.

What machines do you members have, that are not expensive, do quick washes, don’t take a lot of water consumption, and that you’d recommend?

Thanks.
I would imagine your element is limescaled up, and the pressure dome/hose also has a partial blockage, also the inlet filter on your fill hose may also be blocked causing it to fill slower, one or a combination of these could lead to the longer wash times,, or it may just be buggered, we have a Samsung which we got last year and so far, is very good
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 09:10 PM

Thanks for your replies.

Primes, we have very hard water here, but that wouldn’t surprise me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top