Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 09:28 AM

Re: Flowers can 'hear' Bees

Amazing isn't it. I think I remember hearing some time ago that flowers also increase their scent when insects are near in order to attract them.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:14 AM

Dr Masaru Emoto did experiments with water . Take a look

https://youtu.be/au4qx_l8KEU
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 08:37 PM

When a plants are injured, they have a fight response through some sort of sensory cells, sending protein building precursors which in turn send hormones and other chemicals through the plant to signal the rebuilding. Sometimes the response means releasing toxins to ward of danger.

While they don't have brains to register pain and emotions the way animals with complex nervous systems do, plants definitely sense and react to injury.

Amazing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
When a plants are injured, they have a fight response through some sort of sensory cells, sending protein building precursors which in turn send hormones and other chemicals through the plant to signal the rebuilding. Sometimes the response means releasing toxins to ward of danger.

While they don't have brains to register pain and emotions the way animals with complex nervous systems do, plants definitely sense and react to injury.

Amazing.

You imagine if Aliens liked the look of some of us, so lovingly sliced us in half and stuck us in a container of water so they could admire us till we died.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You imagine if Aliens liked the look of some of us, so lovingly sliced us in half and stuck us in a container of water so they could admire us till we died.
Strangely, yes I have actually considered this! When you think about it, it is a bit of an unusual custom to take the pretty, hardworking part of a beautiful, hardworking organism trying to reproduce and cut it off at its knees for the purpose of giving it to someone as an act of love.

Just don't ask me about how I feel about Christmas trees .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top