Join for free
Page 46 of 46 « First < 36 44 45 46
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2012, 08:25 PM

Re: The 2011/2012 Football Season - Fans Thread

Oh dear John, not Sven, the slippery Swede please!! also I keep hearing rumours that the Spanish waiter may be tempted back, omg that's just as bad!
Who next, Mickey Mouse?
It really is going to be rather intriguing over the close season now that John Henry is due to jet in from Boston to supervise things.
Yes Annie, the "special one" really did look a tad bloated when I saw him on tv recently, maybe he needs to go on a special diet
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2012, 06:21 PM

Well you did alright Hammer,glad you are staying up.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2012, 10:30 AM

Well well, what a weekend! Chelsea did the impossible, beat the Germans in their own backyard. Never seen so many shattered faces, as those on the Munich players. If they don't give De Matteo the managers job after that, he should go and give Abramovich a kick in the nuts. Wonderful stuff, and well played the Blues.Has anyone seen Lord Lucan, also known as our Hammer? Come out of your hiding place sir, and take a bow. Close game, but the better team won. Talking of shattered faces, poor Olly looked as though he just had his pocket picked. Steve Claridge summed it up well, you come so near, but next season you're completely back at square one. Its going to be one hellava season next, to cap this one just gone.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2012, 11:07 AM

My guess is that De Matteo could get offered a good job at the club they beat last night, it was strange how he was missing just after the game.
Don't forget he is Swiss and he talks fluent German.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2012, 02:32 PM

I really enjoyed being a 'neutral' watching last night's final and what a turn up for the lads of Chelsea, no doubt about it you can never keep Didier Drogba out of the limelight, he really is a big match player and proved it yet again! Good luck to the Blues when they start to defend their new trophy, now let's see some quick answers as to who will manage Chelsea next season talking of which there is also the same urgency about a final selection regarding the Liverpool managers job.
Strange not to see a comment from Hammer on this thread, especially in the light of West Ham making a quick return to the top flight, anyway welcome back Big Sam and the team, hope you enjoy a really long stay.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 10:12 PM

Well I suppose that was adequate. 1-0 against Norway, who did'nt pose much of a problem. Hard to take any positives from the game. Carroll, Bob'll be glad to see, played well, certainly seemed to have more enthusiasm. You can never take too much from a friendly, so lets see what Belguim have to offer. Glad to see Roy's off to a winning start. Myself, I'm away tomorrow to Norfolk for a week, be back for the next international.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

27-05-2012, 08:44 PM

Just to say John that I have got a thread running about the England team so when you get back (I do hope you have a great time) feel free to join in on the 'England our England' thread
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2012, 10:04 AM

So Swansea's Brendan Rodgers is the new Liverpool boss. Lets see what he can do. I don't agree with the sacking of Kenny though as I think one season was not giving him a chance to turn things around. If they don't finish in the top 4 next season what will the owners do sack Brendan as well ? What do you all think.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

31-05-2012, 08:57 PM

From a personal viewpoint I think Rodgers might surprise a large amount of detractors and I really hope he does and in the process help to eliminate the blinkered viewpoints of the 'King Kenny' brigade. Yes, Brendan Rodgers has a mountain to climb so I amongst others will await his progress with great interest.

Good luck to him!

Page 46 of 46 « First < 36 44 45 46

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top