Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 01:09 PM

Taking a Toddler on a Cruise

Anyone have any experience of this? I've never been on a cruise and wouldn't fancy it, but with a two year old along it seems an even worse idea to me.

My daughter doesn't like the idea of taking the baby on a plane but she is keen on a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords.

What say you.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 01:17 PM

Re: Taking a Toddler on a Cruise

I’ve only been on one cruise and that was all old people ( loved it)
However I see no problems taking a toddler , indeed look at it as you stay indoors and daily the scenery has changed so you /toddler can even simply spend time in your own room and have a nap or whatever , 24/7 food available etc ... I think it’s possibly the best holiday option for toddlers thinking about it
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 01:22 PM

Kids that age love to climb over everything ..so maybe a good idea not to book a cabin with a balcony
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 01:26 PM

Gosh my great grandsons would be over the railings in an instant!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 01:29 PM

A cruise has never appealed to me.I have taken my children abroad to a few places France, Spain, Jamaica, South Africa....
You get to experience the local culture. I can't quite see that happening on a cruise ship.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 01:37 PM

I'm not sure if other passengers would appreciate a toddler running about. Although some might like it for a change.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 01:52 PM

Worse idea I have heard today .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 02:14 PM

First of all I was so anti cruise I must have held the record, until I tried out a river cruise, now try and stop me . As for taking a toddler a lot of cruise ships have special play areas especially to cater for toddlers which are supervise to give the parents a break. No different from staying in a hotel
with a young child.

What I would suggest is taking a short cruise, say 8 day one, and find out for yourself.

I don't understand how if one has never been on on they can comment on it, only going by hear say.

AS for the Norwegian Fjords what a fantastic place to go for a first cruise. We did it last year
Short bit from video clip I took

marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 02:16 PM

I’m all for it to be honest
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 02:23 PM

No, it would be a bucket & spade holiday for us, in fact it was. Daughter ate sand & son buried his Dad.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top