Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 12:01 PM

Re: Should I marry my cousin

One of my nieces married her first cousin (on her father's side). They went on to have two fine girls (now 21 and 19) who have no problems. They are beautiful girls physically and have done very well at school. Is it wise for cousins to marry and have children? - I suppose there is a bit of a risk. Perhaps time will tell, but so far it's been a great pairing for these two cousins.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 05:48 PM

When there are a series of consanguineous marriages then the probability of birth defects rocket and that is what is happening here and also in the colonies that have been allowed to become established in near Europe especially France and here in the UK.

The law now desperately needs changing because what was once a rare event now is very common and with the huge families involved is being made even worse.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Marrying a first or even second cousin double the risk of inheriting a genetic illness . .
Hmmmm

Tell me . . . .

How did we get to where we are today, from Adam and Eve and their sons and daughter?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Hmmmm

Tell me . . . .

How did we get to where we are today, from Adam and Eve and their sons and daughter?
The Adam and Eve myth is just that - a myth.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The Adam and Eve myth is just that - a myth.
Of course it is, but what the hell are Christians believing about that? Lots of incest. Just another "inconvenient" Biblical discrepancy to be swept under the carpet.

Still, as long as they have comfort in their beliefs . . . . .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top