Join for free
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 10:36 AM

Overweight? Me?

I took one of my JRs..Abby.. to the vet yesterday for her annual booster and she has to lose about 2Kgs. More exercise and less food i guess. She loves her walks but less food and she will go right off me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 10:42 AM

Re: Overweight? Me?

Too many treats EZ, I bet.
That's quite a lot to lose for a small dog.

BTW, What's happened about the new dog, you've not said anything for a while?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 11:02 AM

Not sure what's happening now. The owners son has been looking after him for a few days and I get the feeling he will keep him. Just don't know for sure. All very frustrating really. Poor little Cupcake/Bambi.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

27-04-2019, 11:04 AM

Abby was 14.5Kgs and Pepe was only 10Kgs.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Not sure what's happening now. The owners son has been looking after him for a few days and I get the feeling he will keep him. Just don't know for sure. All very frustrating really. Poor little Cupcake/Bambi.

Well maybe it'll work out ok, especially if the dog knows the son already.

It may be less traumatic for Cupcake not to have to make that long journey, then be overwhelmed by sharing his normally quiet life with all your own dogs too, do you think?

Try not to worry. What will be will be.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

27-04-2019, 12:40 PM

I'm inclined to agree with you Mups. He has been used to a quiet and peaceful life and he sure isn't going to get that here.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

27-04-2019, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I'm inclined to agree with you Mups. He has been used to a quiet and peaceful life and he sure isn't going to get that here.

I'm glad you agree EZ. I know you were looking forward to it.

Some of these dogs who have had a quiet life with perhaps just one person, can be a bit overwhelmed at suddenly being thrown into a different world, especially with his Mum not there to reassure him anymore.
I think some adapt better than others.

We don't even know if he travelled well, I can't imagine his elderly owner travelling far with him, can you? So even being crated up and sent on a journey by himself he probably would have found scary. could have upset him.
The worst of it is, we can't explain to them like we can kids.
If you had been able to go and collect him and he sat with you for the journey, it might have helped, but who knows.

It reminds me of elderly residents where I used to work.
Their lives had become quiet and orderly, and they were content enough with that.
Come weekends when family would visit, bring kids and grandkids dashing about, the oldies were pleased to see them, but couldn't have coped all the time with all the noise and dashing about, it exhausted them.

I am a great believer in "If it's meant to be - it will be."

Hope you're not too disappointed, EZ.
Maybe the son will change his mind even.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top