Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 02:20 PM

Voted today!

Just got back from the polling station.
Seemed quiet,, but hopefully, people are at work and only us
old codgers are about at this time of day.
Anyway, we put our marks alongside Ukip and one for the
independant candidate! My daughter will never talk to us
again!
I exhort all voters with a sense of greivance about our
political establishment, to do the same!

Regards Donkeyman!
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 02:26 PM

Re: Voted today!

I checked a couple of days ago. I have a choice of Labour, Conservative, or Green, none of which I will vote for
I thought of going and spoiling my paper by writing on it 'Leave' or Brexit', but can't be bothered, as this area is so strongly Labour, so I'll just stay at home

The real test will come with the MEP elections, As I will have the choice of UKIP, Brexit, or Tommy Robinson; unless our MPs manage to weasel their way out of it
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 02:29 PM

Voting because of a sense of grievance is what got us into this mess in the first place.

Voting should be done with a cool head, not as a knee-jerk reaction.

It has struck me, DM, that all your posts that I have read seem to be full of bitterness.
I don't know why you are so bitter.
I hope you will find some peace, though.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 02:46 PM

We have just got back from voting
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 02:56 PM

My polling station is a hundred yards away in the village hall so not far to walk and it is very busy with cars turning around opposite my house.

I had a change of heart in the last few days on finding there was someone standing as a local independent not affiliated to any party and standing purely on local issues so she got my vote
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 04:02 PM

We only had 6 candidates on the ballot paper, and could only vote for one of them. The Lib Dems are very good locally, better than all the rest. But there is no way I could vote that way nationally!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 04:23 PM

We had two lots of voting to do in my district, one for the election of local parasites aka councillors and another for the Parish Council.

I voted for UKIP on the local council and wrote NONE on the Parish Council vote before drawing a line through the lot of them. Two Tory, two Labour, one LibDem and one Green. To my mind, parish councillors shouldn't have any political allegiances they should be working together collectively for the common good instead of squabbling along party lines for what's best for the community.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 04:45 PM

We had a vote for councillors and a new mayor, I voted independent for both. Why we need a mayor on £60k a year though beats me, but at least the independent candidate for the job has promised a vote later on whether to discontinue the post....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 04:56 PM

No. It means nothing anymore.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
We had two lots of voting to do in my district, one for the election of local parasites aka councillors and another for the Parish Council.

I voted for UKIP on the local council and wrote NONE on the Parish Council vote before drawing a line through the lot of them. Two Tory, two Labour, one LibDem and one Green. To my mind, parish councillors shouldn't have any political allegiances they should be working together collectively for the common good instead of squabbling along party lines for what's best for the community.
I don't understand why councillors have to have a political affiliation anyway. It's annoying. Why is it, anyway?

I feel it clouds the issues.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top