Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Shirley Sarah
New Member!
United Kingdom
Shirley Sarah is female 

10-05-2019, 12:46 AM

Re: Making a Pond for Wildlife

Ive just made a little wildlife pond using an old plastic storage box. I have pond plants in, some gravel and some rocks. Spotted a couple of frogs the other day and other little things swimming around. The birds like it. I will surround it with plants, as it isnt sunk into the ground as I can't dig very much. Im very pleased with it though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Shirley Sarah ->
Ive just made a little wildlife pond using an old plastic storage box. I have pond plants in, some gravel and some rocks. Spotted a couple of frogs the other day and other little things swimming around. The birds like it. I will surround it with plants, as it isnt sunk into the ground as I can't dig very much. Im very pleased with it though.
Hi Shirley.

That sounds great. If we all made a little effort for wildlife, I'm sure it would have a huge effect over all.

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Shirley Sarah ->
I am going to make a bog garden,with a window box,sink it into the ground at the bottom of my garden.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hi Shirley.

That sounds great. If we all made a little effort for wildlife, I'm sure it would have a huge effect over all.

I agree dongle. Well done Shirley, it will help.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree dongle. Well done Shirley, it will help.
The only trouble is, when it arrives we want to get rid of it because they eat our plants.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 05:34 PM

I had a large feed bucket pond in my last garden, my landlord said I had to remove it when I moved out. There were about ten little frogs in it, I saved them and put them over the fence into to empty property garden nextdoor, there's a big old pond in there. I hope they survived!

Now I've got a half barrel (cut lengthwise)to plant up and make another pond. It's a bit high from the ground so I'll pinch LD's ladder idea

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top