Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 09:57 PM

Re: One for the remainers

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Facts are facts just look at the local elections statistics but silly me I forgot you don’t do facts only make believe. Strangely Theresa May think the the wholesale defection of Conservative and Labour Voters to the Liberal Democrats, Greens and independents signals that the public wants them to get on with Brexit notwithstanding the utter collapse of UKIP. It seems you have a partner in delusion

Well... no.

Those 1300 seats didn't go to labour did they. At this stage the opposition should be cleaning up and they aren't... they are now completely irrelevant.

The votes went to the lib dems because there was no other party to vote for. It was a protest and you will see exactly how the leave vote will go in the EU elections when the Brexit Party are on the ballot. There was a huge shift to independents as well - nobody knows if they are remain or leave but they got a vote anyway because it was "anything but labour and anything but conservatives".

Stop putting 2 and 2 together and making 17.4 million. Your maths is worse that Diane Abbotts
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Facts are facts just look at the local elections statistics but silly me I forgot you don’t do facts only make believe. Strangely Theresa May think the the wholesale defection of Conservative and Labour Voters to the Liberal Democrats, Greens and independents signals that the public wants them to get on with Brexit notwithstanding the utter collapse of UKIP. It seems you have a partner in delusion
Since the conservatives lost votes because they want a brexit, labour lost because corbyn didn't unequivocally supported a second referendum, the people's message to them is not "deliver brexit" but "cancel brexit". The more since all parties supportive of remaining in the EU gained the votes the other two lost.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Since the conservatives lost votes because they want a brexit, labour lost because corbyn didn't unequivocally supported a second referendum, the people's message to them is not "deliver brexit" but "cancel brexit". The more since all parties supportive of remaining in the EU gained the votes the other two lost.

That's really funny ^^^

I take it you haven't seen the polls for the EU elections ... go on, have a Google
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 01:58 PM

Bread I don't think those of us who live in the real world need any opinion polls to tell us what will happen in the EU elections.
I thought it was a bad idea that we would have to take part, now I am looking forward to them

We will not be leaving the EU before October of that I am certain. The EUs deal given to May to fob of the rest of us is all but dead and Labour isn't going to soil its hands resurrecting it regardless of words coming from Labour, they are only taking part in negotiations so they can say 'they tried' to put the Tories in a bad light for not wishing to compromise.

So the MEPs will be taking their seats in July and I hope the Leave contingency cause maximum disruption .
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

06-05-2019, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Bread I don't think those of us who live in the real world need any opinion polls to tell us what will happen in the EU elections.
I thought it was a bad idea that we would have to take part, now I am looking forward to them

We will not be leaving the EU before October of that I am certain. The EUs deal given to May to fob of the rest of us is all but dead and Labour isn't going to soil its hands resurrecting it regardless of words coming from Labour, they are only taking part in negotiations so they can say 'they tried' to put the Tories in a bad light for not wishing to compromise.

So the MEPs will be taking their seats in July and I hope the Leave contingency cause maximum disruption .

Yep spot on Meg.

All labour and the Tories are doing is funding out a way to blame each other for the mess.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Yep spot on Meg.

All labour and the Tories are doing is funding out a way to blame each other for the mess.
Bread there is one thing for certain, no matter what happens in any election or referendum 'Leaving the EU' is not going to go away the wheels are in motion now and can't be stopped.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 02:20 PM

Even the Biased Broadcasting Corporation have commented that the swing to LibDems and Greens is more likely due to a protest vote than a genuine support for Remain

To support this view they point out

The gains for Independent candidates

The large number of spoilt papers - well over 30,000 - with messages like 'Leave', Brexit', or 'None' written on them where there are no Leave supporting candidates

The low turnout in areas where there are no Leave supporting candidates

The decline in UKIP is disappointing, it seems that for whatever reasons it's not very popular. But then, neither is the strongly remain Change UK/TIGGERS/Chukka's Very Own Party

Nigel Farage's The Brexit Party has seen a rapid rise in support but it was not launched in time to field candidates in the Local Elections
However, it will be in the MEP Elections, and those results should be interesting
They will, in effect, be the Second Referendum that the Remainers have been after for ages
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Bread there is one thing for certain, no matter what happens in any election or referendum 'Leaving the EU' is not going to go away the wheels are in motion now and can't be stopped.
Yes, I was just about to make a comment along those lines - The Genie is out of the bottle
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Yes, I was just about to make a comment along those lines - The Genie is out of the bottle
I know there is talk on this forum about 4 amigo's etc. Isn't is it refreshing we don't feel the need to pipe up one another on how much we agree with each other? Why is it that leavers need each other's support and confirmation of their opinions. Are you so insecure about the future? And you expect to leave the EU! Why then the fear and the need to flock together?
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 07:32 PM

[QUOTE=Meg;1700521]Bread I don't think those of us who live in the real world need any opinion polls to tell us what will happen in the EU elections.

So the MEPs will be taking their seats in July and I hope the Leave contingency cause maximum disruption .[/QUOTE]

The leave contingency hardly ever bother turn up as evidenced by their attendance record however what you advocate would certainly damage relation with Europe and send the wrong message to the rest of the world

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top