Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 06:13 AM

Re: And we wonder why......

Hi

It is not an insolvable problem.

I travel a lot.

In the EU I have to produce my EHIC or I get charged.

They can do it, why can't we?

If I am outside the EU it is insurance or a credit card.

I agree with Fender, it is a complete nonsense.

Admin costs are irrelevant, they are fully rechargeable.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The NHS has become unaffordable. Advances in treatment and the costs associated with them have outstripped it's affordability. It's time for change. I favour replacing it with something very close to the Swiss health service.
Living into late old age is unaffordable. We have a good healthcare system here so people live long with complex conditions. But social care is then needed.

In Switzerland they have assisted dying.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is not an insolvable problem.

I travel a lot.

In the EU I have to produce my EHIC or I get charged.

They can do it, why can't we?

If I am outside the EU it is insurance or a credit card.

I agree with Fender, it is a complete nonsense.

Admin costs are irrelevant, they are fully rechargeable.
They don't have a free healthcare system in the EU so they have the infrastructure for charging in place. We don't even have ID cards here.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Living into late old age is unaffordable. We have a good healthcare system here so people live long with complex conditions. But social care is then needed.

In Switzerland they have assisted dying.
And the problem with that is?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-05-2019, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
And the problem with that is?
with what? Old age, assisted dying or long term conditions?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 06:52 AM

with what? Old age, assisted dying or long term conditions?
Both.

If a person wants to cash in their chips because they don't like the problems that come with getting old then why should they not have assistance in doing so?

Moreover assisted dying is becoming more widely available across Europe.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 08:32 AM

Assisted dying is a whole different issue.

Local GPS have created problems in A&E by not seeing people quickly...I remember when you just turned up at the doctors surgery and you would be seen....now you are lucky to get an appointment in two weeks.

I do agree though we need a system where you only get treatment if you can prove you have paid in...otherwise you should have insurance when you arrive.
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It sickens me. It sickens me that a boat load of scroungers can turn up and get an instant health check unlike the poor buggers here that are ill but have to wait two weeks for a doctor's appointment.
Here here, couldnt have said it better myself.

We are a very small country, we are overpopulated,
we know this because we Cant get app'/ treatment ect
(and yes i know because as a 3 x cancer patient i have been fed up with set backs, or system changes.
In my opinion, if there were less immigration the NHS would work, Like it used to.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 02:05 PM

Probably because if a woman comes in and is in labour they cannot chuck her out to give birth in the street when she says she cannot pay. They have a priority to save lives at any cost. If someone comes in unconscious they are obliged to treat them.
But in some instances, heavily pregnant women come into the country with the express purpose of giving birth here knowing full well that they won't be charged before going back to their own country with new babe in arms.
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
But in some instances, heavily pregnant women come into the country with the express purpose of giving birth here knowing full well that they won't be charged before going back to their own country with new babe in arms.
Lets also not forget all those that come specifically to get expensive, 'instant' cancer treatments on our NHS !!

All so damn annoying !

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top