Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 11:40 PM

Re: And we wonder why......

Originally Posted by Judd ->
But in some instances, heavily pregnant women come into the country with the express purpose of giving birth here knowing full well that they won't be charged before going back to their own country with new babe in arms.
If health condition were checked before a visa was granted then pregnancy should be picked up and medical insurance should be part of the package.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If health condition were checked before a visa was granted then pregnancy should be picked up and medical insurance should be part of the package.
But it never is is it? The NHS gets abused regularly by health tourists and nothing gets done about it. When some attempt is actually made to do so, the left-wing luvvies are out in force condemning it.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 07:29 AM

Changing the NHS from a free for the asking to something like the Swiss model increasingly makes sense.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
But it never is is it? The NHS gets abused regularly by health tourists and nothing gets done about it. When some attempt is actually made to do so, the left-wing luvvies are out in force condemning it.
They don't do it now, but it is my suggestion for eliminating this problem. It would have to be done at the country of origin for those who enter with a tourist visa.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

09-05-2019, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Changing the NHS from a free for the asking to something like the Swiss model increasingly makes sense.
I don't see why it makes sense. Those who use the NHS resources most are the old, those who have cancer and the very young. The majority of those who use it most cannot pay as they no longer work due to chronic conditions or age. Giving birth costs a lot and you cannot have women having babies in the street and dying. I see in the Swiss model it's free. Switzerland has a tiny and wealthy population.

Insurance models tend to end up costing more in every country. There is a great deal of play and corruption in insurance claims management. With pharma and clinical procedures going through the roof as insurers have to pay out.

We already have a compulsory national insurance scheme and people pay into it based on their income. That's similar to the Swiss model. I am not sure why anyone here thinks the NHS is free - we pay for it!

Our system is not linked to the level of personal contributions but I cannot see how the basic Swiss model can be either. We don't have to pay extra subsidies and I think that is a bit of a bureaucratic nonsense. Do you realise how difficult it would be to manage in the UK with such a large and diverse population?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top