Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 05:15 PM

A lesson from history

It's a story of a country committing itself to grand but vague ambitions based on proclamations of ideological true believers, of expert warnings not being listened to, and of a stubborn refusal to acknowledge reality and change course, even when the world is sending very clear signals that you might have made a mistake.

It's a true story, and taken from a book by Tom Phillips, "A brief history of how we ****ed It All Up"

Perhaps you would like to know more about the story, try Googling the book, but of course bready won't need to.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 05:49 PM

Re: A lesson from history

Sounds like a book trying to confirm Remainer prejudices.
The grand scheme that is ****ed up is the EU.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 06:10 PM

Oh gawd..... It's one half of Hinge & Bracket.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 06:23 PM

A book nobody has heard of.

There's a surprise..... I would suggest "The Castle of Lies" by Booker & North a much worthier alternative.

It's full of facts too.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
A book nobody has heard of.

There's a surprise..... I would suggest "The Castle of Lies" by Booker & North a much worthier alternative.

It's full of facts too.

Ah yes Booker who wrote against the perils of Global Warming, Passive Smoking and Asbestos. I'll take a rain check on the book you suggest, mainly because the one I present is TRUE.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Ah yes Booker who wrote against the perils of Global Warming, Passive Smoking and Asbestos. I'll take a rain check on the book you suggest, mainly because the one I present is TRUE.
Why are you allways right it is me!
Why are others allways wrong?
Why are you allways so shrill?
So many questions about your behaviour
Do you have a vested interest?

Just asking?
Regards Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 07:34 PM

The perils of passive smoking, asbestos and global warming are not true then ?

I've still got one of the original newspaper clippings on the EU and asbestos kicking about somewhere.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 08:05 PM

This one? Who doesn't believe asbestos and smoking cause cancer. Anything such a person says is to be taken as comic satire.

Christopher John Penrice Booker (born 7 October 1937) is a British journalist and author. In 1961, he was one of the founders of the satirical magazine Private Eye, and has contributed to it since then. He has been a columnist for The Sunday Telegraph since 1990. He has taken a stance which runs counter to the scientific consensus on a number of issues, including global warming, the link between passive smoking and cancer, and the dangers posed by asbestos. In 2009, he published The Real Global Warming Disaster.

In collaboration with Richard North, Booker has written a variety of publications advancing a eurosceptic, though academically disputed,popular historiography of the European Union.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 08:30 PM

And there's the other half.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 09:15 PM

Some alternative books people might like to look into:

The EU:The Truth About the Fourth Reich How Adolf Hitler won the Second World

BBC: Brainwashing Britain?: How and why the BBC controls your mind

The Great Deception: Can the European Union survive?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top